The Digital Merchandise Planner acts as a liaison and works in close partnership with merchandising planning, merchandising and digital commerce team. The Digital Merchandise Planner is responsible for analyzing ongoing sales trends by category, order, and promotional levels to determine what is needed to achieve sales, gross margins, and return-on-investment goals. The Digital Merchandise Planner is responsible for combining the knowledge of David’s Bridal business and eCommerce business metrics to make pre, in, and post-season recommendations/decisions for the total eCommerce business. The Digital Merchandise Planner is also responsible for managing the seasonal/monthly/daily sales and gross margin plans, product category growth opportunities, site merchandising, and promotional opportunities to achieve plan.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, analyze, and manage sales, inventory, and forecasting for eCommerce ensuring sales, margins, and key performance indicators are met. Create planning strategies for:
- Performance reporting and recommendations on the benefit of assortment expansions, changes in pricing or promotional strategies, special programs, vendor diversification, and company-wide expansions of product categories/inventory.
- Expanding eCommerce exclusives assortment.
- Owning strategy and analysis of online sales.
- Recommendations for eCommerce-only underperforming merchandise and liquidation strategies.
- Setting business rules by category and monitor the return-on-investment for eCommerce-only styles/SKUs.
- Promotional cadence
- Evaluate impact to sales and gross margins on promotional timing, exclusions, product categories, inventory levels.
- Follow competitive landscape for promotional opportunities to test.
- Return rates – performance reporting and strategies on how to minimize.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to improve site layout based on item productivity.
- Collaborate with Digital Analytics team to create daily sales plans for Finance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Present strong point of view on current business analysis and opportunities.
- Present strong point of view in cross-functional meetings.
- Provide analytical support on new and discontinued product sales variances along with growth strategies and liquidation needs and timelines.
- Work closely with merchandise buyers and planners on eCommerce exclusive opportunities, and tie in with Marketing team on strategies and promotions.