Federal-Mogul has recently been acquired by Tenneco. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
This position supports the production locations within the Chassis and Powertech Solutions business lines with digitalization of processes, software integration, and improvement of Quality software. Responsible for designing reliable processes and databases using modern technology tools according to the Quality organization’s needs. Also, work with global sites to drive measurable improvements in systems, standardization, and information.The Digital Quality Engineer will work closely with team members to provide technical support, ensure system consistency, and identify new requirements. Communication and organization skills are keys for this position, along with a problem-solving attitude.
We are ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the position. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Human Resources Manager and department team members. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Improvement and standardization of quality systems with the initiative for more paperless, responsive, and readily accessible solutions across the Chassis and Powertech Solutions.
- Participate in the development process such as requirement reviews, pre-production, user acceptance testing, post launch, implementation, system upgrades and maintenance.
- Participate in problem solving and continuous improvement efforts at production facilities
- Liaise with plant Quality and Manufacturing teams to gather user requirements and identify new features
- Work with manufacturing sites to implement software and system solutions.
- Interface with IT and central functions to develop tools and software in alignment with the organizations goals.
- Develop and present training material, perform training for implementation of new tools
- Carry out special projects and assignments as deemed appropriate
- Collect and analyze data to determine appropriate courses of action and establish best practices
- Submit objective and pro-active reports in a timely fashion to improve the communication between sites
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, proven leader, ability to learn quickly with a problem-solving mindset
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and written in English Spanish is a plus
- Ability for regular travel that could range between 10-30%
- Responsible for optimizing methods for the collection, analysis, and reporting of Quality KPI’s such as Customer Satisfaction metrics, Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ), and internal PPM
- Implementation of a preventive quality mindset culture and support a six-sigma culture
- Ability to understand front-end user requirements and translate into IT system
- Research and suggest new technology and software products, services, and protocols e.g. internet of things
- Coordinate project management, for instance to introduce new quality systems, tools or resources
- Create required documents such as procedures, work instructions, forms, training material, etc.
Education:Degree level education in IT, Computer Programming, Engineering, or related technical field; Programming and database design/management background desirable
- Minimum 3 years of quality/lean/manufacturing/engineering work experience required
- Involvement in complex, multi-task orientated projects in large organizations
- Experience of volume manufacturing environment will be an advantage
- Proven work experience in implementing software solutions
- In-depth understanding of data management and user interface web applications
- Good communication skills are needed to interact with internal customers and company associates.
- Thorough knowledge of Power BI