Seeking Digital Signal Processing Scientist for a Global Mobile Device Research Company in Mountain View, CA.
Our mandate is to explore what’s next for our a unique mix of research, early product development, and encompassing approach – and we have a strong track record of driving concepts to production.
Our team members represent a diverse skillset, including electrical engineering, computer engineering, signal processing, machine learning, computer vision, visual design, interaction design, industrial design, optics, physics, and more from top-notch institutions such as MIT, Stanford, CMU, Oxford and others.
We want to create products that will impact the lives of millions, and we believe that the first step on the path is to show real prototypes.
We work on a wide variety of time scales, advancing science to working technology, developing new products, and creating new experiences.
We believe that design and creativity are core duties of every member of our team.
- Solve tough engineering problems, and work with other engineers to integrate cutting-edge functionality into novel prototypes
- Design, develop, optimize, or tune algorithms to solve interesting problems in hardware, data science, or sensor design
- Maintain constant awareness of technologies, scientific developments, design software and hardware capabilities, as well as software tools to make the prototype function
- Work closely with various core tech teams and other organizations to define prototyping scope and applications towards various technology roadmaps and product
Must have Skillsets
- MS/PhD in EE, Mathematics, Physics, Software Engineering, or a related applied science field
- Graduate level mathematical skills are necessary
- 4+ years of experience of developing signal processing algorithms in real-world or comparable settings
- Strong track record of DSP algorithm development experience (Examples include: digital filter design, frequency/waveform synthesis, and adaptive signal processing, convex optimization, time-series analysis and others)
- Advanced statistical techniques and stochastic process analysis are required
- Experience with compressive sensing techniques, wavelet analysis and data compression techniques is a plus
- Experience with high-frequency signals, multi-target detection projects, tracking techniques, signal analysis and Kalman estimators is required
- Experience with small signal recovery techniques in noisy environments is required
- Advanced coding and programming skills (C/C++, Python, MATLAB) is necessary
- Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms to run on DSP and microprocessors
- Experience with sensing hardware (design and calibration) is a plus
- Experience with system software on embedded devices is a plus
- Experience with Android/Linux system software is a plus
Location: Mountain view, CA