Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Communications and Marketing, the Assistant Director of Digital Analytics for Communications and Marketingis responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive strategies to measure, report on, and drive continuous improvement in the efficacy of the marketing, communications, relationship management, and outreach activities undertaken by the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE). The Assistant Director of Digital Analytics for Communications and Marketingwill partner with owners of various marketing, storytelling and editorial, and outreach channels (e.g., HGSE website, alumni communications, social media, Salesforce, etc.) to aggregate and analyze data to tell a coherent and holistic story about HGSE’s impact in the field of education.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish appropriate key performance indicators, metrics, and innovative tracking and reporting strategies to:
- Monitor HGSE’s digital presence through all channels including the HGSE website, email newsletters, social media channels, etc.
- Inform HGSE engagement and outreach activities with targeted audience interests and behaviors.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to the effectiveness of content, outreach strategies, and marketing strategies and processes.
- Provide relevant and clear analytics reporting to editorial and marketing teams so they can effectively use data to inform decision making, campaigns, and targeted advertising and brand-building activities.
- Provide relevant and clear analytics reporting to members of the Business Coordination Group on performance and outcomes of special projects or departments such as: Professional Education, Development and Alumni Relations, Admissions and Degree Programs, among others.
- Develop an analytics reporting approach that helps key stakeholders outside of Communications and Marketing understand the impact of our Schoolwide impact strategy, as well as individual pieces of content.
- Provide analytics and insights into faculty research citations, reputational data, individual brands, and recognition and notoriety for Faculty Affairs in support of efforts to support, develop, and accelerate the impact of the faculty’s work.
- Make recommendations to HGSE’s Executive Dean, Assistant Dean for Communications and Marketing, and the Business and Asset Coordination Groups, on the best tools and technology to collect, manage, and disseminate data and user experience information, to enable these groups to make informed business decisions for the School.
- Extrapolate audience insights from data to inform development and refinement of user journeys for marketing, editorial, and outreach efforts. Develop strategies to help enhance audience engagement, across key groups and functions of the School including degree and non-degree programs, research centers, and convenings such as the Askwith Forum.
- Work closely with the Director of Editorial Strategy and the Director of Marketing to respond to specific analytics needs of their respective teams. Specifically, work with the editorial team on a dissemination strategy during the content development process.
- Develop deep understanding of the School’s CRM (Salesforce) and provide guidance on alignment of various interactions (e.g., social, email, etc.) with the School’s goals.
- Set up and track pixels and other methods of user-experience data gathering across multiple servers/platforms, toward serving the needs of HGSE’s constituents in the best possible ways.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree.
7+ years directly related experience.
Interested Candidates must submit resume and cover letter.
*Strong analytical, organization, and task management skills
*Excellent communication skills
*Ability to analyze raw data, interpret performance, draw quantifiable conclusions, summarize actionable recommendations, forecast outcomes/implications
*Proficiency in synthesizing and presenting data in a way that is understandable and actionable
*Experience building client reports for different levels of leadership to clearly communicate research-driven insights
*Experience in Google Analytics
* Ability to analyzemultiple business lines , and converge knowledge/learnings to a big picture analysis of HGSE’s standing in the marketplace
*Ability to find creative solutions and opportunities where measurement and analysis can help achieve HGSE’s goals
*Experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
*Experience in Slate, Google Data Studio, Google Adwords, and Google Tag Manager preferred
|HGSE is a diverse community of learners, teachers, and employees who are passionate about changing the world through education and striving for maximum impact in the field of education.|
HGSE Human Resources values diversity in all forms, and believes that each employee brings a set of diverse experiences and identities to the workplace that makes us stronger, encourages innovation, and enhances our collective contributions. We continue to develop and support a workforce that reflects the diversity of those we serve; fosters an environment that allows each individual to belong and to bring their best self to work; and creates the conditions that empower employees to contribute their full potential to advancing the work of the school.
We do this by:
• Hiring and retaining staff reflecting the diversity of those we serve;
• Providing employees opportunities to learn, grow, and be challenged;
• Reviewing and ensuring fairness and equity in HR practices and policies including but not limited to hiring, promotion, and compensation;
• Developing strong relationships and partnerships internal and external to our community to advance diversity and inclusion;
• Communicating transparently and respectfully; and
• Fostering an inclusive, respectful, and professional work environment
We regret that the Harvard Graduate School of Education does not provide Visa sponsorship.
About the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Many choose to work at the Harvard Graduate School of Education because they believe in our mission and are excited by our vision for the future. We have a reputation as a great place to work, for our excellent leadership, and we are a strong community which values diversity. For more information about HGSE, its programs, research, and faculty, please visit: www.gse.harvard.edu