The Digital Web Associate will support the Marketing Department with all digital initiatives such as web content management coordination, support of the employee intranet, SEO/SMO marketing, administration of daily email program, and Google analytics.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of programming languages, networks, Microsoft servers and Internet protocols to create pages for use on the Intranet and some external marketing sites. Ensures compliance to established brand and graphic standards. It is responsible for maintaining system uptime, troubleshooting issues and maintaining performance.
- Manages rollout of pages and graphics from a development server to production servers adhering to the Wescom IT Security guidelines.
- Coordinates content with marketing and other content providers.
- Coordinates with IT services, both in-house and vendor-based, on updates, design changes, template updates, and other related intranet needs.
- Manages the marketing bulk email process, creating HTML emails, formatting mailing lists, and utilizing specialized software for bulk mailing and for managing returned email.
- Perform keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Provide SEO/SMO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages.
- Provide reporting, recommendations, and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific.
- Creates and maintains usage reports and other statistics such as Google Analytics.
- Monitors sites on continual basis and proactively identifies and implements any needed modifications.
- Serves as area resource for creating SQL queries, database creation/maintenance, and data transformations.
- Encodes video content for online streaming.
- Works closely with the member contact staff to identify and resolve member service issues.
- Works closely with Systems and Technology department for server and hardware issues.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School graduate.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing multiple web sites in both an administrative and technical function; experience using such web development and graphics software as Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, and more.
- Proven project management abilities, familiarity with server hardware and connectivity.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adwords, Tag-manager.
- Knowledge of paid and organic search engine marketing
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to manage multiple projects, and work in “Internet time.”
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proficient in the following: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop kneel, crouch, crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet. It is a non-smoking environment.
The above job requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities. The marginal functions have not been included. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and duties as requested by the supervisor and/or management.
- Gym Memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation/paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee Events
- Professional Development