Food Service Technician 1
Director of Culinary Operations/Dining Room Supervisor
To enrich the quality of life of our residents by creating a sustainable, nurturing and professional environment through caring, personalized service.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide assistance in all dietary functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
Culinary Operations Functions
- Serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance. Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures. Prepare food, etc., in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as with our established policies and procedures.
- Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties.
- Set up meal trays, food carts, dining room, etc., as instructed.
- Distribute and collect menus as necessary.
- Obtain food supplies for next meal.
- Checking diet trays for accuracy before distribution. Be sure that appropriate equipment and utensils are provided with the resident's meal tray.
- Deliver food carts, trays, etc., to designated areas.
- Prepare and deliver snacks, etc., as instructed.
- Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times.
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
- Assist in food preparation for special meals for parties, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, and emotionally upset people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education and Experience