POSITION: Dining Room Attendant / Server
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Culinary Services/Executive Chef
The Dining Room Attendant / Server is responsible for coordinating table service for residents and communicating with front and back of house personnel. The Dining Room Attendant / Server is also responsible for insuring that all residents receive gracious hospitality and prompt service as prescribed by Orchards values and best practices.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED, preferred
- Customer service oriented and ability to multi-task
- Must successfully clear a background check, TB skin test or x-ray, and health screening
- Current CPR certification
- Current certificate of training for successful completion of the five (5) hour initial fire safety training provided by the Rules and Regulations of the Georgia Safety Fire Commissioner
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs dining service duties in accordance to Orchard dining standards based on server training
- Is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the dining room this includes removal of all soiled dishes after each service, replacing dirty table cloths and napkins, resetting the table settings, and vacuuming the dining room floor
- Perform defined work routines, using various dietary utensils, supplies and equipment as assigned by the Executive Chef or Culinary Team Leader
- Provide assistance to the cook in the preparation and service of meals
- Meet scheduled meal and snack times
- Maintain knowledge of resident's diet restrictions, allergies and preferences
- Knowledge of the menu, with the ability to make suggestions
- Follow cleaning schedules and perform cleaning duties as scheduled
- Setting up the dining room and serving residents
- Wash and store dishes
- Assist in receiving and storing food and supplies
- Attend in-service educational programs
- Follow defined hygiene and safety codes while performing all duties
- Understand facility's fire and disaster plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies
- Perform other department duties or special assignments as directed by the Executive Chef or Culinary Team Leader
- Works with integrity; upholds organizational values
- Must be able to work semi-independently
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, policies and employee manuals
- Ability to speak effectively in front of others
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations
- Attention to detail
- Adheres to all Orchard policies and procedures
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of all information pertaining to residents, families, and staff and adhere to all HIPAA rules
- Displays a positive and professional image and attitude in all relationships with residents, families, peers and in the community- Outlined in detail in the employee handbook
- Maintains positive communication and team collaboration
- Serves as an ambassador for Orchard at all times
- Demonstrates ongoing responsibility for self-education
- Maintains resident and personal safety regarding occupational health and safety
- Attends regularly scheduled department meetings
- Responsible for maintaining all continuing education and training requirements for position
- Attends and participates in onsite training and continuing education as required
- Participates in safety program, as requested
- Cooperates to investigate employee injuries
- Promotes and support safety awareness and implement safety operations
- Participates in orientation of new employees
- Participates in volunteer orientations, training and education as requested
- Remains updated on all state regulations related to position
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations (i.e. OSHA)
- Participates in the risk management programs
- Demonstrates the ability to be innovative and creative and have patience, high energy and resourcefulness in problem solving
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and flexible hours when necessary to meet the needs of our residents
- Follows Professional Dress Code policies as outlined in the employee handbook for community and department specific standards
- Adheres to Orchard's No Cell Phone policy as outlined in the employee handbook at all times
- Perform other related duties as assigned
All employees are expected to uphold the Orchard F-A-M-I-L-Y mission and vision.
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness, and Self-Control
These are the fruits of the spirit you can expect from the Orchard F-A-M-I-L-Y values and best practices.
All are welcomed with an authentic and inviting experience into the beautiful, well organized, and relaxing home we share.
Accountability and Integrity
We value the ability of our team to be reliable, personally responsible, and to honor their commitment to residents, families, leadership and one another. Accountability involves a process of seeing the need, owning the next step, and staying solution focused.
When it comes to creating a life worth living, each person has unique and individual needs. We are dedicated to creating purpose and wellbeing through connection with our team, local affiliates and organizations, and previous community relationships whenever possible.
Information and Communication
We believe knowledge is power and communication is the lifeline to effective collaboration.
Learning and Leading
Curiosity, willingness, and personal action create the professional path to achieving the orchard FAMILY of excellence.
Yes "we can" Attitude
With a can-do character we are committed to creative solution focused problem solving.
ADA Requirements (essential functions)
More than 25 lbs, routinely
More than 75 lbs, occasionally
150 lb. or greater resident weight
1 - 3 hours/day
4 - 5 hour/day
2 - 4 hours/day
Bend, stoop, squat, and/or twist
Repeatedly throughout day
Repeatedly throughout day
3 4 hours/day arms shoulder level
Use of telephone
1 - 2 hours/day
Working under pressure
3 4 hours/day
Working rapidly for long periods
2 - 3 hours/day
Use of keyboard/computer, printer, fax, copier
0 - 1 hours/day
Position requires close work; finger dexterity; adequate hearing and vision (with or without correction). Must be able to stand and walk intermittently throughout the working day, as well as reach, stoop, bend, lifts, carry, and manipulates various food products, dietary supplies and kitchen equipment. This position must be able to withstand exposure to temperature and humidity changes as in entering refrigerated storage areas, working at ovens, ranges, dish-washing machines, and at steam tables.
May occasionally work longer than 8 hours/day.
Cognitive or Mental Requirements
The following cognitive or mental requirements are necessary on a daily basis:
This job description is only a summary and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. This document is subject to change at any time.