Dining Room Coordinator
Belmont Village Senior Living
Aliso Viejo, CA
Belmont Village Aliso Viejo is hiring an experienced Dining Room Coordinator. The dining experience at Belmont Village Senior Living is exceptional from the preparation of our made from scratch menu items to the outstanding customer service in our dining room. Our residents and their guests enjoy three freshly prepared meals daily ordered from our restaurant-style menu. As the Dining Room Coordinator at the newest Belmont Village community in Aliso Viejo, you will help make their dining experience magnificent!
Belmont Village Senior Living is a certified GREAT PLACE TO WORK® and ranked #15 on FORTUNE’s Top 50 Best Workplaces in Aging Services! Our employees say the reasons why are a positive company culture, competitive pay, excellent benefits, bonuses and career growth opportunities. Join our dedicated team to help make Belmont Village Aliso Viejo a Great Place to Work and Live! #MON
- This position is responsible for total dining room operation and is a hands-on position which performs the service as necessary in the dining room.
- Supervises the cleaning of public space as time allows in the Bistro and Dining Room.
- Performs multifunctional duties related to food service and clean-up.
- Coordinates and assists staff in food and beverage service to community residents, employees and guests.
- Supervises, coordinates and assists with the cleaning of Bistro, Dining Room and outside dining area.
- Develops daily work schedules and assignments for dining room staff.
- Maintains strict sanitary standards as dictated by company policy.
- Set-ups and supports special functions and events as necessary.
- Maintains all flatware, condiments and beverage service in a constant state of readiness.
- Assists cooks whenever needed.
- Ensures “Bistro” foods are maintained at a high level of quality and freshness during entire day.
- Maintains clean, orderly and safe kitchen and dining room environment.
- Ensures proper storage of equipment and handling of food to meet health department requirements as well as Belmont Village standards of cleanliness and sanitation as described in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Follow all Policies and Procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with disgruntled or confused residents.
- Actively supports good health and safety practices within area of responsibility as follows:
- Knows and follows established facility wide health and safety procedures and rules.
- Maintains safe work area through good housekeeping and keeping safety equipment in good working condition.
- Actively participates in health and safety training, and demonstrates competency based on training received.
- Actively participates in accident, injury and illness prevention activities.
- Identifies and corrects hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Participates in accident investigations as needed.
- Brings health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management’s attention or corrects those you can.
- Reinforces the use of good health and safety practices through positive recognition programs and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Completes health and safety audits finding closure within 30 days.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
h4. SUPERVISORY RESPONSBILITIES
- Supervises and trains dining room staff and PALS in proper techniques for timely service of food to residents. Dining Room Servers and support staff
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Previous supervisor or lead experience in service industry
- Knowledge of Cleaning Standards in a commercial food operation
- Ability to work assigned shifts, including mornings, evenings and weekend hours
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and work
- Interest in working with senior population
- Must successfully complete:
- TB skin test or chest x-ray
- State fingerprint and FBI background check
- Health Screening for this position
- Basic first aid training
- Six + months dining room service experience
- Certificate in food management or equivalent
- Experience in food preparation
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible / participate in team work
- Experience working with senior population
Belmont Village Senior Living offers full-time employees benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, prescription, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO and 401(k) savings.
Belmont Village Senior Living is an EOE/Drug Free work place.