JOB PROFILE (a summary of key responsibilities and subjective attributes):
Hillcrest Dining Room Hosts and Hostesses (DRH) are experts at engaging Hillcrest Members and their guests as they arrive to dine in any of the Clubhouse's three restaurants (Dining Room, Grill, and Patio). He or she ensures the dining room is completely ready to receive our Members and Guests. The DRH greets Members by name, showing them to their tables quickly and assisting with seating as needed. He or she takes food and beverage orders from Members and Guests when necessary. Displaying a true customer service orientation, the DRH is always alert to Member/Guest needs, capable of solving problems as they arise to ensure the dining experience is flawless. The DRH manages the guest reservation system, coordinating with the front desk to ensure the most up to date information is always available. He or she takes calls from Servers regarding their arrival and manages the schedule as needed. The DRH monitors the arrival and appearance of Servers, and provides input to 90 day and annual reviews as requested. The DRH participates in training new servers, and is a "go to" person for new hires. He or she is well acquainted with and helps to monitor and enforce HCC rules, policies and safety procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
- Open the MDR/Grill, check staff when arrive, make sure staff is dress properly and well groomed.
- Provide assistance to the catering dept., Café and other areas of the F&B Department, letting the F&B Director know of actions taken
- Serves as 1st point of contact when staff call-in, making adjustments to staffing plans as needed
- Follow opening check list that includes prepare/clean menus daily, check the music, chandelier light bulbs and black napkins at the podium, and walk through salad bar, carving and dessert stations
- Manage the guest reservation system
- Assist the Manager on duty in running Pre-Meal meetings to go over the daily food specials, reservations, upcoming events and feedback from the day before
- Anticipate member needs and ensure that service meets/exceeds expectation to ensure a memorable and pleasant dining experience
- Receive and greets members and guests: assist with seating
- Enforce Club rules, regulations and policies
- Ensure side work is completed every day and dining supplies are stocked, reporting any supply shortage to the Director of Restaurants
- Test the POS before service to ensure that it is working properly
- Ensures member satisfaction by checking with all dining tables throughout the shift
- Solve Member or staff problems diplomatically.
- Take food and drink orders when needed.
- Attend post meal meeting to share Member/Staff comments with Managers and Chefs.
- Assist manager to train new hire, and serve as the "go to" person for new hires with questions
- Help to maintain monthly attendance list for Bussers and Servers.
- Provide input to employee annual reviews as requested by Management
- Special projects as assigned by the Director of Restaurants, Director of Food and Beverage and General Manager
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Essential:Previous service experience in a similar luxury environment
- A complete knowledge of wine, food pairing and service procedures
- Able to quickly learn HCC menu, wine list and member names/faces
- A service oriented personality, warm, friendly and outgoing without being overbearing
- Able to verbally communicate effectively and professionally in English with all stakeholders
- Able to supervise and resolve problems quickly and effectively
- Able to motivate and inspire team members to work to their maximum potential
- Organized and proactive
- Exceptional grooming habits, maintaining a clean and complete uniform as designated by Management
- Punctual and reliable