Dining Room Server
Belmont Village Senior Living
Los Angeles, CA
Belmont Village Senior Living is a certified GREAT PLACE TO WORK® and ranked #15 on FORTUNE’s Top 50 Best Workplaces in Aging Services! Our employees say the reasons why are a positive company culture, competitive pay, excellent benefits, bonuses and career growth opportunities. Join our dedicated team to help make Belmont Village Hollywood a Great Place to Work and Live!
Belmont Village Hollywood is hiring experienced Dining Room Servers for all shifts. The dining experience at Belmont Village Senior Living is exceptional from the preparation of our made from scratch menu items to the outstanding customer service in our dining room. Our residents and their guests enjoy three freshly prepared meals daily ordered from our restaurant style menu.
Dependable schedules, competitive pay, excellent benefits, bonus' and career growth opportunities are just a few reasons why Belmont Village Senior Living Hollywood is a GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Belmont Village Senior Living offers full-time employees benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, prescription, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO and 401(k) savings.
Belmont Village Senior Living is an EOE/Drug Free work place.
- Perform multi-functional duties related to food service, preparation, set-up, customer satisfaction and clean-up.
- Assists cooks in preparing and serving high quality, hot, fresh food in a timely and courteous manner.
- Prepares the dining room for service maintaining all flatware, condiments and beverages in a constant state of readiness.
- Maintains “Bistro” foods at a high level of quality and freshness during entire day.
- Maintains clean, orderly and safe kitchen and dining room environment:
- ensures proper storage of equipment and handling of food to meet health department requirements as well as Belmont Village standards of cleanliness and sanitation as described in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Follows all Policies and Procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of Cleaning Standards in a commercial food operation.
- Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with disgruntled or confused residents.
- Actively supports good health and safety practices within area of responsibility as follows:
- Knows and follows established facility wide health and safety procedures and rules.
- Maintains safe work area through good housekeeping and keeping equipment in good working condition.
- Actively communicates health and safety information to employees and participates in accident, injury and illness prevention activities.
- Actively participates in accident, injury and illness prevention activities:
- Verifies that job specific safety procedures are established
- Trains employees in safe work practices
- Verifies that routine inspections are conducted by trained personnel and include job task observations
- Conducts timely accident investigations
- Corrects hazards and unsafe conditions in a timely manner
- Communicates health and safety information to employees and facilitate their involvement in health and safety activities.
- Verifies the effective and timely training on health and safety activities.
- Reinforces the use of good health and safety practices through positive recognition programs and disciplinary actions.
- Completes health and safety audits finding closure within 30 days.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and work
- Interest in working with senior population
- Ability to work assigned shifts, including weekends
- Must successfully complete:
- TB skin test or chest x-ray
- State fingerprint and FBI background check
- Health Screening for this position
- Basic first aid training
- Six months dining room service experience
- Certificate in food management or equivalent
- Experience in food preparation
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible / participate in team work
- Experience working with senior population
- Experience in a service industry
Founded in 1997, Belmont Village is a leading developer, owner, and operator of premier senior living communities. Our footprint includes more than two-dozen communities in the U.S. and in Mexico City. Belmont Village’s services include short stays, independent living, assisted living, and Alzheimer’s care. Our well-trained and dedicated staff includes licensed nurses on-site 24/7, caregivers, sales and marketing support, executive leadership, food servers and chefs and more. At Belmont Village, we are committed to fostering an environment where seniors, their families, and our staff and partners can learn, live well, thrive, and grow.
Belmont Village will consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law.