La Costa Glen is currently hiring part time Dining Room Supervisors, to work evenings and weekends. The Dining Room Supervisor is responsible for table service within the independent living dining rooms. The Supervisor is responsible for assisting management to ensure the highest standards of customer service are being met by the rest of the wait staff.
- Supervises the physical appearance of the dining room area and wait stations
- Schedules daily work assignments for all dining room personnel, assigning specific jobs and spot checking to ensure standards are met. Maintains pertinent and appropriate records, files, schedules and studies.
- Assists with planning, scheduling, supervising and counseling dining room personnel. Ensures staff members are properly trained and appropriately skilled. Assists in assuring staff education is provided to dining room personnel in accordance with the staff education plan, plus provides on-the-job training for dining room personnel.
- Works with management to handle any complaints and find solutions.
- Works with management to coordinate staff for special functions and large parties. These duties will also require knowledge of event set-up and operation.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in front of house operations in a hotel, restaurant, or club; fine dining experience preferred.
- Strong clerical skills with the ability to use Microsoft Excel, Publisher, Outlook, and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must have strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to display a positive demeanor and energy in a demanding, hectic environment.
- High school diploma/GED. Courses in Hospitality Management or dining room operations from college or trade school preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work with residents, guests, visitors, families, managers and peers. Requires courtesy, tact and graciousness.
About La Costa Glen:
La Costa Glen is a resort-style retirement community located in beautiful North San Diego County, only two and a half miles from the Pacific. The community is contained securely on 50 acres within a park-like preserve, surrounded by permanent open space. La Costa Glen is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) offering a variety of villas and apartment homes to over 900 residents. Full services are provided, including restaurant style dining, housekeeping and laundry, maintenance services, transportation, fitness classes, wellness programs, and numerous activities.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at our community. We are committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.�
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) skin test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
La Costa Glen offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match.�
Apply online at LaCostaGlen.com.�