Elmington Senior Living is looking for a Dining Services Director for the Cariad at Village Creek location!
As the Dining Services Director you will coordinate appropriate resident dietary menu planning and oversees daily operations of food preparation by dietary staff and acts as chief cook/chef. Ensure that Dietary associates engaged in preparing food, serving food and maintaining cleanliness of food service areas and equipment are performing the proper procedures as outlined by state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains dietary menu and monitors food preparation methods and portion sizes, with integration and awareness of personal resident Maintains awareness of special dietary or nutritional requirements of specific residents.
- Complies with state and federal sanitation and other applicable regulations and oversees compliance of such standards by dietary Ensures that:
- Sanitation standards are followed
- Cleaning assignments are completed and signed off
- Food service and storage areas, including store room, cooler and freezer, are clean and
- Other sanitation standards are
- Prepares and cooks resident meals as
- Inspects food, supplies, and equipment to maintain stock levels and ensure standards of quality are
- Keeps accurate inventory
- Orders food/supplies in compliance with budgeted Schedules and receives food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify quality and quantity.
- Oversees meal service while on duty and directs preparation of food and Assists with meal service where needed.
- Checks food and water temperatures, ensures that temperatures are documented as required
- Investigates and resolves complaints regarding food quality and service.
- Responsible for labor and budget control for the Dietary
- Trains and oversees dietary staff on proper food preparation techniques, proportion sizes, operation of kitchen equipment, safety procedures, sanitation, to ensure quality standards and service.
- Schedules staff hours and coordinates assignment of dietary personnel to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
- On-call and Weekend Manager duties may be required as directed by the Executive
- Reports any issues or problems that may arise to the Executive
- Complies with state, federal, and all other applicable health care and safety
- Assists families and other visitors as
- Attends in-services and other required
- Performs other duties and tasks as
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS of this position are generally as follows:
- Oversees the activities of all Dietary associates to ensure compliance standards are met; indirectly supervises all other associates as a Department
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities, including, but not limited to, interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and terminating associates.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High school diploma or
- Aminimum of 5 years of previous experience in volume and modified diet preparation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be state approved in food handling and preparation, as applicable by state in which community
- Previous experience in a supervisory role in a long-term care or hospital setting preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Reading Ability - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Written Communication - Able to write clearly and informatively.
- Verbal Communication - Able to talk to others to convey information
- Reasoning Ability - Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Math Ability - Knowledge of arithmetic and its Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles for providing customer and personal This includes meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains
- Organizational Support - Follows company policies and
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; advises for additional resources if
- Attendance/Punctuality - Arrives to work/meetings on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks accurately and on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
COMPUTER SKILLS/EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of Word Processing and Spreadsheet
- Pots/pans, cutlery, including knives, forks and spoons, gas/electric stove and/or oven, broilers, steamer, microwave oven, fryer, toaster, blender and other kitchen equipment.