Allegro is a respected leader in the senior living industry, actively engaged in ownership, operations, design, development and property management services for multiple luxury brands throughout the US, with corporate headquarters located in St. Louis, MO.
At Allegro in Harrington Park, you'll discover the joys of inspired senior living. We care a lot about the people we serve. So we work hard to help you continue to enjoy friends, family, hobbies, and to provide all the little things that make your life meaningful and unique. Our warm, comforting and engaging environment will delight you every day. Demand the best for the rest of your life. Live the Inspired Life at Allegro.
The primary responsibility of the Dining Services Director is to prepare healthy, appetizing meals and manage the operation of the Dining Services (DS) department, to include staffing, food ordering, preparation, menu planning, food delivery and sanitation in accordance with appropriate industry and health department regulations. Assist in maintaining a positive physical and social environment for the residents. The main objective is to ensure that dining is the highlight of the resident's day.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Schedule, supervise and train DS staff in day-to-day DS operations. Make job assignments and set priorities.
- Participate in recruitment, selection and orientation of new DS staff.
- Oversee and monitor that the DS staff are properly accounting for hours worked using time clock. Review the time clock records at least twice weekly and review with the Business Office Manager on a timely basis for payroll submission. Submit new hire paperwork as required.
- Assure required Food Handler Training is given to new DS associates within 30 days of hire.
- Communicate policies and procedures to DS staff.
- Evaluate performance on an ongoing basis. Conduct annual written evaluations.
- Ensure that DS equipment is maintained and work areas are clean, safe and orderly. Strictly adhere to procedures regarding infection control, food borne illness prevention, harmful chemical handling, fire, safety and sanitation, promptly addressing any transgression.
- Maintain food costs within budgetary constraints. Maintain strict inventory control and par levels of specified items, as required.
- Provide monthly food and alcoholic beverage inventory report to Allegro Management Company.
- Plan Community and individual resident menus in coordination with the Executive Director (ED) and with Resident Services Director, if necessary. Assist in planning special events scheduled by the Lifestyle Director, the Resident Council and the Sales & Marketing Department.
- Meet monthly with the Food Committee to enhance the dining experience and tailor menus to their desires.
- Ensure that the menu is followed and meals are prepared according to the approved recipes. Ensure food is prepared in a nutritional, appetizing fashion, and presented in an attractive manner. If applicable, menu is to be signed off by a registered dietician.
- Ensure all utensils, dishes, equipment and work areas are cleaned properly and in a timely manner. Establish, implement and supervise the cleaning schedule.
- Supervise and inspect food storage.
- Conduct periodic training for DS and Community associates as necessary to maintain high quality and variety in menus, job satisfaction for associates and resident satisfaction.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all the food service and dining room areas to include the delivery and refuse collection areas and ongoing cleaning schedule for the dining room carpet.
- Maintain adequate supplies, food, and bottled drinking water to fulfill emergency requirements of local and state authorities.
- Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the ED.
- Provide services and interactions throughout the Community which delight the residents, prospects, and the greater community with inspired experiences which result in referrals and high occupancy.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when on duty.
- Be constantly watchful of signs that residents are not able to function independently or a change in resident's behavior. Report all signs to the ED following the Company policies and procedures.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the ED as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residents' rights.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, associate, Community or Company information deemed as such.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. State specific guidelines may apply.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical school degree preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years hands-on cooking and menu planning experience, preferably in senior living dining services or hotel industry and including some proven management experience.
- Must have state specific Food Manager Certification or be able to certify within 30 days of hire.
- Familiar with common kitchen appliances such as grill, steam table, refrigerator units, can openers, food processors, etc.
- Must have a means of transportation.
- Must meet all state health requirements.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, required state and/or local food handler permit and certification of Hepatitis A vaccination where required.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, First Aid and CPR/AED certification.
- Food Manager certification is preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of appropriate Microsoft Office and POS programs.
- Must attend to detail and possess good verbal and listening skills.
- Must be flexible and have a strong work ethic and sense of integrity.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
- Must pass a physical having no signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an annual basis where required.