Direct Care Professional
- Waltham, MA 02453
- Job Type
- Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
Rediscovery, a division of Justice Resource Institute, operates a pre-independent living community-based group home for adolescent males ages 16-22 who are in state care and preparing to transition out. Direct care workers are on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide structure and guidance. The house provides a stable, safe, and supportive environment for the young men to come home to, while also allowing them to integrate into the community. Youth are evaluated according to a natural consequence system, whereby privileges are granted on the basis of age, responsibility, and in proportion to the trust they have earned. All of our activities at the group home are aimed at the ultimate goal of self-sufficiency for the youth and the direct care workers play a vital role in making this happen. The formal and informal day-to-day lessons being taught by staff are supplemented with workshops designed to teach specific life skills.
Rediscovery House is seeking a Direct Care Professional who can embody and uphold our values on a daily basis. You will be able to use your passion of working with adolescents while being energetic, positive, disciplined, have excellent boundaries and will thrive in a fast-paced environment! The type of Direct Care Professional we are seeking will take pride in working with a team who strives to make everyday a little bit better for our group of adolescents.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7am-3pm
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining client safety
- Crisis management, advocacy
- Medication monitoring
- Activity programming
- Transporting clients
- Shift paperwork and reports.
- A minimum of one-year experience with at-risk youth is required.
- A High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A BA/BS in social services or related field is preferred.
- A valid Driver’s license is required.
- An ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written formats, as well as acceptable computer skills, are required.
- The right candidate will be an effective role model who is culturally competent and who has the ability to set limits and form appropriate relationships with clients.
Offer includes: Access to excellent Blue Cross medical, Delta Dental and Vision benefits, 401K, tuition reimbursement, pension, generous paid time off and much more!
JRI is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to building and maintaining a diverse community. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Posted 30+ days ago