Direct Care Staff (DCS)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hope House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all positions will be given equal consideration without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please Note: Your application will be given full consideration, but does not imply that you will be employed.
The goal of the Direct Care Staff is to provide quality active programming and positively influence the well-being of all clients served in the residence. The DCS provides direct services to the clients to meet their functional health, safety, educational, and psychosocial needs.
- To ensure the supervision, safety, and well-being of the clients at all times.
- Provides the continuous active treatment program for each client, including all informal and formal, training and service objectives for each client, ensuring the implementation and documentation of the ISP of each individual client and the facility group.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the Individual Service Plans (ISP) directed by the QIDP, Administrator and Facility Manager.
- Monitors and supports the client’s health and well-being and reports observation to the QIDP, Administrator and Facility Manager. The DCS shall ensure that health information is documented and brought to the attention of the RN consultant/ Health Coordinator.
- Ensure the daily documentation of client status, behavior, and treatment responses.
- Participates in the provision and maintenance of a clean, safe, healthful, and nurturing environment.
- Provides quality training and positive interaction with residents at all times.
- Adheres to and implements the facility’s active treatment philosophy and goals, and the organizational policies and procedures.
- To ask questions and learn as much as you can from those around you.
- To promote learning, growth, socialization and independence of the residents.
- To develop relationships with other Hope House departments, staff and external agencies.
- To go above and beyond for the clients and staff with which you interact.
What We Need From You
- You need to be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid ID, Passport, Social Security Card or work permit
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to pass a physical exam (push, pull, lift up to 50 lbs, stand for extended periods).
- Ability to push, pull, lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods
- Physical condition sufficient to engage in frequent to continuous standing, walking, lifting, carrying objects, assisting with transfers, pushing pulling, bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching, running, and managing aggressive behaviors. These activities involve normal housework and assisting individuals who may engage in physical aggression.
- Ability to respond to any and all situations that occur within the facility to ensure the safety of all clients and staff.
- Ability to clear a criminal background check with DOJ/FBI.
- Speak, read and write in English
- Attends and completes orientation as assigned.
- Completes First Aid and CPR certification and maintains current.
- Completes certification and maintain current certification in Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training within 60 days of hire.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays. (Required to work weekends)
- Ability to drive, or work toward driving, company vehicles.
- Flexible Schedules That Work with Schooling, Parenting & Other Jobs
- Career Advancement
- Annual & Merit Based Raises
- Certification and Training Opportunities (at no cost to you)
- Paid Ongoing and Continuing Education Training at Hope House
“My fondest memory is of the first time a client asked me for help. I had only been working for a month. He isn’t really one who talks much and rarely asks for help. I remember he was having a difficult time putting on his clothes. He looked at me and waved me closer, saying ‘Help. Help.’ After helping, he looked at me and said ‘Yay!’ I felt so happy to know that one of my clients felt that he could trust me and come to me for assistance.” -Adrian, QIDP
*** Incomplete applications will not be considered***