The Direct Loan Processor is responsible for the fulfillment operations of new consumer loan applications originating through the direct lending channels. Engages in interactions that ensure Golden 1 members encounter a positive experience beginning from loan application through finalization and funding. This position corresponds effectively and professionally with Golden 1 members via Web messages, e-mail, and phone.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
* Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
* Foster a positive and engaging work environment by inspiring others through words and actions and embracing our mission, vision, and core values.
* Conduct member interviews and gather information to satisfy loan conditions in order to determine suitability for loan funding. Prepare loan documents and send to member for signing; prepare approved loans for disbursement to members accordingly.
* Audit various operational documents, including executed loan documents, and reports to ensure proper procedural compliance, accuracy and authenticity.
* Meet performance standards comparable to grade level in funded loan and/or e-mail volume, and phone efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
* Perform support functions such as e-mail correspondence, consumer loan fulfillment, audit, call escalations, or other.
* Maintain a working knowledge of Golden 1 lending policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
* Results oriented including a willingness to take on any task required to meet or exceed team goals and objectives.
* Perform financial analysis of personal and corporate tax returns and applicable schedules, 4506T forms, W-2s, and pay stubs.
* Ability to identify potential fraud, suspicious activity, and identity theft.
* Perform other tasks as assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
* Effective oral and written communication skills required to assist other staff and to constructively follow-up on member inquiries and concerns.
* Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
* INTERNAL: Supervisors, branch staff, back office staff, peers, and all levels of leadership.
* EXTERNAL: Members and dealerships.
* EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum is preferred. Additional work experience may be considered in lieu of a High School Diploma.
* EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years or more experience at a financial institution providing customer service and support. Consumer loan processing experience preferred.
* Maintain a thorough knowledge of Golden 1 products and Services and its policies and procedures.
* Proven ability to produce results in a fast paced environment.
* Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with members while achieving service and strategic goals.
* Demonstrated use of computer systems.
* Solid knowledge of financial products and services offered by Golden 1.
* Positive, outgoing attitude.
* Reliable work attendance.
* Professional communication (Verbal/Written Communication).
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Strong and effective business writing skills.
* Ability to work a schedule that includes weekends and some holidays.
* Bilingual and multilingual, a plus.
* Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
* Corrected vision within the normal range.
* Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
* Ability to lift 15 lbs. as may be required.
* Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled