Position at Ingram Micro
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world's largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
- The Direct Marketing Manager (DMM) will be joining Agency Ingram Micro's newest team, Program Development, where they will be responsible for the planning and implementation of assigned Agency Ingram Micro (AIM) direct marketing products, services or programs as well as researching and designing what's next for our marketing porfolio.
- They collaborate with management, teams and peers as needed in the development of comprehensive direct marketing plans.
- They have a strong knowledge of Ingram Micro's programs and services in order to consult internally or with vendors on business and marketing strategies.
- DMM's develop, track and execute a variety of direct marketing activities. They understand direct marketing trends, product positioning and market opportunities.
- They have knowledge of Ingram Micro reseller customers, vendors and segments, act as the subject matter expert on their vendor and / or program and work with AIM management and clients on positioning a plan or program.
- They may also direct the daily activities of associates through delegation of projects.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or relevant additional experience in related field.
- Experience: Four to six years of marketing experience, preferably in the high tech computer related environment.
- Experience developing and implementing channel marketing programs is desirable.
- A basic understanding of the distribution channel preferred.
- Critical Competencies required: Demonstrates business acumen Partners effectively with customers and vendors
- Analyzes and evaluates information effectively to make decisions
- Demonstrates critical thinking Embraces and champions change Uses influence to execute and drive ideas forward
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required: Demonstrated knowledge or similar experience outside of Ingram Micro related to the above Job Description, including the following skills and abilities
- Knowledge of technology products and distribution channels relative to assigned product category is desired.
- Knowledge of general computer applications (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and SharePoint) as well as specific Ingram Micro systems (i.e. SAP, IMPulse)
- Ability to contribute in the marketing plan or program development process based on vendor goals Selling and negotiation skills Proficient writing skills
- Presentation skills Multi-tasking skills Communication Skills: Ability to communicate with executive level associates internally and externally in an articulate and professional manner.
- Ability to practice discretion and understand appropriateness of communication and behavior
- Problem solving skills and trouble-shooting abilities
- Ability to implement recommendations and see projects through to completion
- Ability to professionally conduct meetings and discussions
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, international travel may be required.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.