JRI STEP provides intensive, 24 hour Residential, Employment, and Day Activity supports to adult men who have Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities as well as clinical challenges in Community Residences across RI.
JRI STEP is seeking Direct Support Professionals who are active problem solvers, take initiative and possess a positive cooperative attitude. Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) coach, advocate, mentor, and teach in a caring and respectful manner. DSPs implement all Individual Support Plans, Behavior Plans and Nursing Care plans as well as document progress and concerns toward these goals. The individuals supported have a variety of interests: employment, volunteering, sports, recreation, as well as household, family and friends. It is the responsibility of the DSP to help each man to fully enjoy and pursue his life in a healthy and safe manner.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required,
- 21 yrs. of age, Valid driver's license,
- Access to an insured, registered & inspected vehicle,
- Punctual, Reliable, Dependable,
- Good verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- ALL positions require some weekend hours.
- A Positive, and Supportive Approach and Critical thinking skills are essential.
Offer includes: Access to excellent Blue Cross medical, Delta Dental and Vision benefits, 401K, tuition reimbursement, pension, generous paid time off and much more!
JRI is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to building and maintaining a diverse community. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.