Join Elwyn California!
ABOUT ELWYN CALIFORNIA
Elwyn California, is a subsidiary of Elwyn, a premier non-profit human services organization dedicated to serving children and adults with special needs. Elwyn was founded in 1852, providing innovative services for people with developmental disabilities since its inception.
We believe that all people deserve an opportunity to build meaningful, independent lives. Individuals and families find support through Elwyn California programs to learn, work, and live as they choose and as independently as possible.
Elwyn California Mission Statement
Maximizing potential through personal commitment, collective talents and innovation, Elwyn California supports individuals with diverse challenges in shaping distinctive, meaningful lives.
Elwyn California Vision Statement
Through partnerships with families, communities and government, Elwyn California will be the provider of choice for people with diverse challenges.
Elwyn California Residential Programs
Elwyn California provides care for people with Intellectual Disabilities and skilled nursing needs via a sophisticated, state of the art, alternative model of care. People live in single family homes, with individual bedrooms and all the typical "home-like" amenities, as opposed to having to live in larger congregate hospital-like settings.
Likewise, our employees enjoy a smaller, more personal and home-like working environment, as well as the opportunity to provide a very high level of quality care based upon the smaller number of residents (typically 4-5 per home) and the high staff to resident ratio.
Elwyn California is currently seeking a DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL - Part-time or Per Diem (PRN) to work with our team in residential group homes. This is a non-exempt level position reporting to the Program Administrator.
Direct Support Professional
• Direct Support Professional staff provide assistance and supervise residents in activities of daily living.
• Responsible for adhering to and documenting an individual's program as directed by the Program Administrator, RN House Manager or licensed staff in charge.
• Responsible for providing active programming at all times.
• Responsible for adherence to standards, procedures and schedules established by their supervisor.
• Functions are consistent with certified nurse's aide regulations.
• Responsible for ensuring that any suspicion of or knowledge of suspected abuse is reported in accordance with the law and program policies "Mandated Reporter" (SOC 341).
• High School diploma or GED.
• Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) required for medical model homes.
• Must have at least one year experience working in a program serving persons with developmental disabilities.
• Ability to work in a variety of environments and settings.
• Ability to work weekend shifts Hours of operation is 24-7; AM-shift, PM-shift, and NOC-shift.
• Potential exposure to communicable diseases, blood-borne pathogens, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinical nursing environment.
• Interaction with consumers who display aggressive and/or self-injurious behaviors.
• Valid California driver license
• Successful completion of pre-employment physical and drug screen, including current TB
• Successful completion of DOJ and FBI background check
• Successful completion of all trainings as required by applicable regulations, including, but not limited to, DSP1 and DSP2.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Elwyn California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled