At UCPLA we are dedicated to the people we serve, and we are here to support them during this challenging time. If you or someone you know is looking for a job, or have been displaced from a job as a result of current events and are in need of employment, we would be thrilled to connect with you.
Are you looking for meaningful work? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, then UCPLA is the company for you. When you join UCPLA, you help us promote independence for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Life Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Credit Union Benefits and Discounts, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan.
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is hiring Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to assist developmentally disabled individuals in an Adult Day Program setting. Under direct supervision of highly qualified professionals, our DSPs support the people who attend our programs. As a DSP, you promote a friendly, comfortable, safe environment where people served may progress socially, emotionally, and physically. With activities ranging from Computer Class, Art Class, Sensory Activities, and Gardening, we are sure you will find something that hones your talents as you help individuals enhance their lives.
Rate of Pay: $14.25 per hour
Schedule Available: Monday through Friday, 9:30 AM - 4:15 PM
Caregiver - DSP Responsibilities
- Assist people attending the program with program activities and community-based activities
- Assist people attending the program with toileting, hygiene, eating, mobility, and other activities of daily living
- Follow each person's Individual Service Plan (ISP) goals
- Document behavioral and daily living skills data of people served accurately and in a timely manner
- Document individuals’ activity participation and critical issues in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
Caregiver - DSP Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Communicate and work professionally and cooperatively with others
- Successfully pass all post offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, physical exam, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) encouraged to apply!
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, UCPLA is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.