Merakey is seeking a Direct Support Professional to join our Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services (IDD) division in Virginia Beach, Va.
Pay rate $10.00
Qualified entry level candidates are eligible for up to $12.00/hour if the Enhanced Pay Program is selected.
Schedule: Sunday - Wednesday 11 pm - 9 am
Direct Care Worker overview. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
* Assists, teaches and monitors client's daily living activities.
* Personal hygiene, bathing, shaving, grooming, dressing, laundry, meal preparation, medication administration, and room care.
* Provides routine household cleaning and maintenance.
* Prepares and serves meals according to posted menus and nutritional standards.
* Assists in medical appointments and follow-through as well as assists with medication administration.
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
NEW!! -- we have the compensation and benefits package that will meet your individual needs!! You choose between "Enhanced Pay" or "Enhanced Benefits"
Depending on your needs and/or the needs of your family, you choose between higher pay (and a full range of base benefits) or unbelievable benefits (and competitive pay). You will be free to choose from:
- Enhanced Pay -- Competitive wage an additional $2.00 per hour for all hours worked. Option to select a base high deductible medical plan dental and vision coverage. Retirement plan also available along with a full range of company paid benefits.
- Enhanced Benefits -- Competitive wage an option to select from 4 comprehensive medical plans for you and your family where at least 70% of the premiums are paid by Merakey. Dental, Vision and Retirement Plan also available along with a full range of additional company paid benefits.
In addition -- we offer the following benefits:
* Work/Life Balance
* Competitive Compensation Plans
* Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
* Life Insurance
* 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
* Marketplace Savings Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Wellness Programs
* 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
* Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S IDD DIVISION
Merakey supports individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) in the enhancement of their abilities and interests. Services are aimed at partnering with individuals as they become self-sufficient and live everyday lives. Merakey focuses on helping individuals find meaningful roles in their community and to feel valued as community members. Individuals are always at the core of the planning and implementation of services.
* Adult Training Facility
* Behavior Support Services
* Early Intervention Case Management
* Employment (Transitional, Supported, Competitive)
* In-home Support
* Non-traditional Community Day Services/Home and Community Habilitation
* Supports Coordination
* Community Living/Group Homes
* Family/Shared Living
* Intermediate Care Facility
* Respite Care
* Specialized Residential (medically fragile, dementia, autism, dual diagnosis, problematic sexual behavior)
* Supported Living
For more information on each individual service, please visit: https://www.merakey.org/services-idd.html
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Virginia, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Requisition Number: 57723
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
* High School Diploma or GED or AA Degree in a Human Services field.
* Experience working with adults and residential services.
* Preferred experience: working with people with developmental disabilities as a direct care staff in a residential setting.
* Valid Driver's License Required.
* Must be 21 years of age.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled