Are you seeking meaning and purpose in your work life? Do you want to help people discover their unique abilities, promote independence, create friendships, and make a difference every day? ACHIEVE has immediate openings for caring staff members who want to positively impact the people we serve!
Position: Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Residential Services: ACHIEVE operates houses, supervised residences, and supportive apartments in Broome, Chenango and Tioga Counties. These are places to call home for people with varying levels of disabilities while providing support to the residents for community activities and work.
These are a few of the things a Direct Support Professional will do:
- Provide training and assistance to the people who receive services in order to help them develop and/or improve independent living skills such as cooking, housekeeping, laundry skills, grocery shopping, etc.
- Provide assistance and training to people who receive services to assist them in developing and/or improving personal care skills; i.e. showering, tooth brushing, toileting, bathing, etc.
- Providing training in money management such as budgeting, banking and making appropriate purchases.
- Administering medications and documentation according to procedure.
- Accompanying people who live in the homes to the grocery stores and other stores for on-site training in purchasing.
- Transporting people who receive services and assisting with appointments, recreational and/or other activities as needed.
These are some Special Requirements of the position:
- A valid driver�s license and good driving record acceptable to the Agency�s insurance carrier.
- Obtaining and maintaining certification in Medication Administration, CPR, First Aid and SCIP (this training and certification is provided by ACHIEVE.)
These are the Qualifications needed for the position. Prior experience is not necessary:
High School Graduate or GED with some knowledge of or experience working with developmentally disabled preferred.
A combination of education and experience that in the opinion of the reviewing agency meets or exceeds the above standards of the program
Starting rate: $13.00/ hour
What attributes are we seeking???
Someone who has initiative and is: caring, respectful, positive, dependable, punctual, and likes to work as part of a close team.
What do we have to offer in return???
In addition to a competitive wage, ACHIEVE is pleased to provide a full benefit package to full-time employees hired to work 30 or more hours per week.
- Medical: Generous Employer Contribution
- Dental: choice of 2 plans
- Vision: choice of 2 plans
- Group Term Life Insurance � 100% Company Paid
- Long Term Disability � 100% Company Paid
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) � 100% Company Paid
- 401-K Retirement Plan
- Cellular Telephone Discounts
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays � 11
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Several VOLUNTARY Plans available, such as Medical Bridge Plan, Critical Illness Protection, Accident Indemnity, Short Term Disability, Optional Term Life Insurance
Watch the video below to learn more about a career as a Direct Support Professional.