If you are an active Vivint employee, please apply through Workday by searching "Find Jobs".
If this is your first time applying you will need to create a candidate account when you click on apply.
Job DescriptionJob Description
Smart Home Professional (Technician)
As the leading smart home technology provider, Vivint offers smart home solutions to over 1 million customers and has installed more smart home devices than any other company in North America. We are currently looking for eager, confident and self-motivated individuals who live in or around Edmonton-AB, Canada.
Our Smart Home Pros combine technical skills with world-class customer service. They are responsible for evaluating and installing equipment for our customers’ smart home needs. At Vivint, our people are our most valuable asset. Our mission is to attract, develop and retain the finest employees in the world. We are dedicated to creating and fostering real learning and personal development experiences. We win together. We Make Smart Home Simple.™
- Interact and communicate well with customers.
- Exhibit professional appearance and conduct while providing a world-class customer experience.
- Ensure on-time arrival to daily customer appointments.
- Maintain and manage adequate inventory levels of product and equipment.
- Install and service authorized equipment in customers’ homes.
- Work safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property and loss of materials and equipment.
- Explain and provide detailed system capabilities and operational instructions to customers.
- Promote and sell additional equipment and services to customers during each visit.
- Clean installation debris in each home after all service and installation visits.
- Accurately complete necessary paperwork, including work orders, customer contracts, and time clock punches.
- Conduct routine maintenance and inventory of company products and equipment including company provided vehicles.
- Current, valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Reliable, legal transportation for the first 90 days of employment.
- Must participate in our Vivint Fleet Vehicle Program. With the option of using the Vivint fleet vehicle at the incurrence of a $0.40 per mile ($0.25 per km) personal use fee.
- Submit to a criminal history check and obtain clearance from the state based on the state requirements.
- Must remain smoke-free while on site with customers and while operating Vivint fleet vehicles.
- Available to work the required shift that will be presented to you prior to being hired (could include evenings and weekend hours).
- Stay standing for extended periods of time.
- Be able to lift up to 31 lbs. at one time and carry from one place to another.
- Be able to safely maneuver through shallow attics and crawl underneath homes.
- Must have basic knowledge of and ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Experience as a construction worker, electrician, or other technician may be helpful.
- Superior customer service skills
- High School diploma required
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Experience working with minimal supervision
- Technical diploma, Certificate of Completion, Military experience is a plus
- Bilingual skills is a plus
This unique position with Vivint offers the following…
- Work from home
- Company car (Insurance/Gas/Maintenance Included)
- Benefits packages available
- Company phone used to communicate with online database for testing, receiving and closing job tasks
- Compensation package with a base salary, plus incentives/bonuses based on performance, upgrades and paid overtime
Vivint is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.