You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Director – Clinical Documentation Integrity – CDI.
You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know how to have fun.
You’re equally comfortable with collaborating at all levels of an organization as you are driving strategic initiatives throughout a system.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
This position reports to the SCL Health System Vice President, Health Information Management, and will have matrix reporting to the System Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and to the care site CMOs for the individual care site programs. There are two direct reports (managers) with oversight of a team of approximately 35 – 40 CDI associates.
System Service: is our Corporate Headquarters in Broomfield, Colorado and is located within the Oracle campus. SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization dedicated to improving the well-being of the people we serve.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Director – Clinical Documentation Integrity – CDI you’ll be responsible for the leadership, direction and management of the consolidated system-wide Clinical Documentation Integrity (CDI) program for all SCL Health acute care sites. The position provides strategic leadership and oversight for the CDI program and staff responsible for reviewing clinical documentation. In this key leadership role you need to know how to:
- Provide oversight for review of compliant documentation of diagnoses and procedures for appropriateness of DRG assignment and timely compliant final coding/billing for reviewed cases.
- Establish goals and metrics; monitoring performance to ensure service levels, productivity and quality metrics are being met. Recommend action plans for performance improvement, when applicable.
- Manage within a framework of identified metrics – with full understanding of metrics and key drivers which impact metrics – to ensure continuously high performing program.
- Work in collaboration with System CMO and all care sites to optimize program results and to develop physician engagement and education strategies.
- Use clinical knowledge and knowledge of coded data for documentation requirements to improve overall patient quality, capture severity, acuity and risk of mortality.
- Develop appropriate communication plans to provide teams, physicians, care sites and senior leadership regular feedback on program results.
- Provide direction in the appropriate design, development, implementation, validation, testing and training related to electronic CDI and documentation applications and tools.
- Ensure current understanding and compliance with regulatory guidelines (CMS, HIPAA, Joint Commission, Office of Inspector General (OIG), and other governmental and regulatory agencies, payer and billing requirements, reimbursement trends, risk adjustment, coding and documentation.
- Serve as a liaison with Coding, Compliance, HIM Operations, Case Management/Utilization Management, Revenue Service Center, Quality, Medical Staff, Finance and CMIO to collaborate on appropriate and optimal clinical documentation practices.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Nursing or Health Information Management (HIM).
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Eight (8) years of work experience in the field, including at least five (5) years of previous supervisory or management level experience.
- Master’s level degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Health Administration, Health Informatics or HIM, preferred.
- Previous work experience at the director level is preferred. Coding experience with CCS, also preferred.
Now that you know more about being a Director – Clinical Documentation Integrity – CDI on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.