The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Specialist to provide support to the Head of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and Talent Acquisition in designing, implementing, and managing DEI initiatives across the organization. This influential team player with excellent relationship-building skills will work collaboratively with senior leaders, departments, and other key stakeholders, helping to advance PhRMA’s DEI efforts. Critical to this role is the ability to operate autonomously, communicate effectively, and successfully manage projects to ensure goals and deliverables are achieved in a timely manner. This role will be managed by the Head of Talent Acquisition and DEI. If you’re a team player that likes driving change and interested in working for an amazing mission driven organization with a great total rewards program, we would like to speak with you about this opportunity.
The Director will:
- Oversee a diverse portfolio of DEI programs, processes, and committee/working groups
- Act as a project manager for medium to large DEI projects and or oversee portions of major or highly complex DEI initiatives
- Coordinate and facilitate human resources (HR) activities, specifically related to DEI in the recruiting and or professional development space
- Assist in the design, execution, and communication of PhRMA’s DEI strategy and set priorities along with aspirational goals accordingly
- Manage diverse partnerships, sponsorships, and community initiatives on behalf of PhRMA
- Collect, analyze, measure, and report on DEI metrics. Identify issues and make suggestions as appropriate
- Support recruiting and or professional development activities as needed; including full-life cycle recruiting if possible
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a proactive, collaborative, and action-oriented individual who is passionate about fostering public policies that encourage continued medical innovation. Key success factors for this role include strong interpersonal skills and team focus paired with the ability to work independently. The preferred candidate will bring substantive DEI recruiting, change management, consulting, and facilitation experience with writing skills. This is a highly visible, fast-paced position that is both internally and externally facing. Accordingly, the successful candidate should be adaptable, able to reprioritize and shift gears quickly, comfortable in a high-pressure environment and be politically savvy, diplomatic, responsive, and mature.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of managing diversity programs and or recruiting
- Knowledge about an array of DEI issues, resources/tools, and best practices
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills
- Solutions orientation and mindset
- Effective teaming and change management skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple constituents and multiple deadlines
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested nearly $1 trillion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $83 billion in 2019 alone.
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary and bonus program, various opportunities for reward and recognition and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, a wellbeing program, back-up care, health advocate service, employee assistance program and commuting benefits. We also offer a robust 401k plan with employer contributions upon the first day of hire and immediate vesting, a generous paid time off plan, seven paid holidays (plus inauguration day), half day Fridays preceding holidays and a paid winter break.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities including an integrated on-boarding program, best-in-class leadership programming, tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, and other management/professional development programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities, fundraising drives and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As the trade association for several leading biopharmaceutical companies, our workforce and culture should reflect the makeup of our clients and the benefactors of our efforts – patients. We at PhRMA are committed to building a culture where diverse people, ideas, and experiences are welcomed, included, and celebrated; where our employees can thrive as they bring their best authentic selves to work every day. PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.