Sodexo Healthcare Division is currently recruiting for a Director 2 of Facilities Operations at Boulder Commnity Hospital in Boulder, Colorado. Candidate should possess strong people, project management skills and a broad base of technical knowledge and experience of building services. The successful candidate will be responsible for all maintenance and engineering for the hospital. The key objectives of this position are to develop and implement a comprehensive maintenance program to deliver equipment and facilities in excellent working order for the lowest total cost, to ensure that facilities are compliant with all healthcare regulations; to drive a culture of continuous improvement, sustainability and preventative maintenance, to ensure a safe and efficient work environment and to consistently deliver facilities which meet the company and CLIENT standards for physical appearance.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction in custodial services to ensure account retention.
- Fulfills contractual obligations to the client.
- Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexho strategic plan.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining highest level of delivery. § Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Directs daily engineering service operations to ensure employees have appropriate equipment and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ensures proper operations of building(s) through managing, maintaining and regulating systems such as HVAC, electronic, plumbing, physical plant operations, security, fire control and pressure steam systems.
- Probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexho resource when necessary.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexho/client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexho safety and loss prevention programs and with standards and procedures for the handling and storage of hazardous materials and/or waste.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Monitor and address the appearance of the building and grounds, noting anything that may be detrimental to the desired appearance of “an attractive facility in which it is pleasant to work'
- Monitor and quality control the work of external contractors, including grounds maintenance and advise the senior client during procurement processes
- Manage stock ordering, invoice checking, budget monitoring and keeping records of all facility equipment and tools associated with the facility
- Establish and enforce company and customer goals, policies, and procedures
- Manage general activities related to enhancing work performance and providing services in a safe and efficient manner
- Identify and consult with other executives, staff, and client members about general operation improvements, policies, and programs
- Promote responsibility for safe and controlled work environments
- Ensure that all customer complaints are handled professionally, appropriately, and in a timely manner
- Ensure the performance, condition, and reliability of all plumbing, mechanical, HVAC and electrical equipment, vehicles, material handling equipment, conveyor systems and manufacturing equipment. Facilities must be maintained 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The manager of the department is on call at all hours for emergencies and if the job is performed effectively, there are not many emergencies
- Develop, evaluate, and maintain a comprehensive preventative maintenance program
- Hire and supervise maintenance and engineering staff and manager. Responsible for interviewing, selection, training, motivating, mentoring, performance evaluations, wage and salary administration, developing goals and procedures to ensure achievement of goals
- Direct the management of maintenance staff personnel and administrative functions ensuring that scheduling, staffing, attendance, reporting, procedure adherence, consistency and quality of work performed are in accordance with company expectations
- Develop, manage and report on annual maintenance budget
- Conduct regular and ongoing assessments of facilities to identify needed improvement and repairs
- Schedule required major equipment purchases, remodeling, and special projects, as assigned
- Purchase equipment and supplies as necessary or as may be required
- Manage and oversee all contractor activities within the facility. Assure supervision and completion of work according to contracts and scope of work
- Participate as an active member of the site leadership team including collaborating with other departments to ensure all department objectives are met
- Guide staff in assessing and correcting mechanical, electrical and equipment operations
- Plan, justify and execute Capital Projects in support of production, quality and efficiency goals
- Maintain equipment, procedures and guidelines to support compliance with all local, county, state, federal regulations and permits
- Lead to ensure a safe workplace around all equipment, through developing safety programs in conjunction with safety department, ensuring that all personnel are trained, and that safety compliance regulations are met
- Manage and lead implementation of material handling systems that enable capacity and productivity improvements
- Create and enforce compliance audits to ensure all EPA, OSHA, and other regulatory requirements are being met
- Build maintenance SOPs and consistency on preventive/corrective maintenance practices
Sodexo offers a competitive salary, paid training, extensive education and continuous learning opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package designed with work-life balance in mind that includes 3 weeks of vacation during the first year of employment.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Click here to learn more about our benefits:
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.
Basic education requirement- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Basic management experience- 5 years
Basic functional experience- 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.