At Optum, the actuarial consulting leader in health careinnovation, your performance, your ideas and your innovative thinking will helpus improve the lives of millions. As the Director, you will join an elite teamcommitted to changing health care through outstanding service and valuableproducts. You'll use innovative tools including the largest database of healthcare information in the world. You will perform mathematical analyses andactuarial modeling to identify statistical findings and conclusions. You'llfind an accelerated actuarial development path to support you in yourcontinuing post-graduate education and certification. Join us. There's neverbeen a better time to do yourlife's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility totelecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some toughchallenges.
- Develop and deploy predictive data models onlarge data sets
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with ourbroader product teams, while supporting ad-hoc analytics where needed
- Design and run complex data programs
- Execute creative problem solving and criticalthinking on the job
- Perform quantitative analysis on Actuarial,financial, utilization and costs data
You’ll be rewarded and recognized foryour performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you cleardirection on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide developmentfor other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of Actuarial/Analytical/Data Scienceexperience
- Project leadership/management experience
- Experience interacting with senior management
- Expertise working with formulas, calculations,charts, graphs in MS Excel
- Employees are required to screen for symptomsusing the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or asimilar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the worksite each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state andlocal masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building,employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannotbe attained
- Experience in performing regression analyses
- Advanced level of proficiency using R, SAS,Azure Databricks, Python, .net
- Experience with machine learning and artificialintelligence
- Experience in large file transfers and/ormanipulations
- Experience in handling various file formats(JSON, csv, xls, delimited text files)
- Experience and/or exposure in dealing withhealth care claims experience (i.e. understanding of costs, expected claims,diagnosis codes, procedure codes)
- Acquired knowledge of healthcare pricing ofgroups sized 51+
- Experience in applying optimization procedures(gradient, genetic, ant colony) to a large data set
- Experience and/or exposure to predictivemodeling, clustering, etc.
- Candidates on the Actuarial exam track, with anASA or an FSA designation
Careers with Optum. Here'sthe idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; makehealth care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use theworld's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health andlifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal isto leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of theUnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatestminds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reachits fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teamsagainst sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in oneincredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's bestwork.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required toadhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates ahealthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal EmploymentOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, geneticinformation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group isa drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test beforebeginning employment.
JobKeywords: Actuarial, Director, Consult, Consultant, Eden Prairie, MN,Minnesota, New York City, NY, New York, Telecommute, Remote, Work from home