Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a talented, self-motivated, and experienced attorney that is excited by taking on and leading complex privacy projects, thrives in a fast-paced environment and can seamlessly drive success working with multiple cross-functional stakeholders to accomplish bold things. The role will lead a team of privacy attorneys and legal professionals to advise the company on a range of privacy, data protection, and security-related legal and compliance initiatives for the Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa regions. The role will also lead teams of privacy attorneys and legal professionals with global responsibility for incident management and for analysis and implementation of global privacy and data protection laws and regulations. The role is broad and, among other things, involves advising clients on various legal risks and obligations under global privacy laws and driving cross-functional initiatives across the business involving a variety of complex legal and/or regulatory issues. This is a full-time position.
1. Lead a team of attorneys and legal professionals responsible for advising APAC, Middle East, and Africa regions in a broad range of areas, including proactive engagement with regulators, counseling on new products and features, and development of terms and policies.
2. Lead a team of attorneys and legal professional with global responsibility for evaluating the impact of legislative, regulatory, legal, and industry developments involving privacy and data use across Facebook’s services and companies.
3. Lead a team of attorneys and legal professionals with global responsibility for incident management and response.
4. In coordination with cross-functional teams, participate in developing and managing relationships with regulators, responding to regulatory inquiries and investigations, and developing and maintaining internal compliance programs.
5. Drive high-profile and high-impact projects involving privacy analysis and compliance with stakeholders across Facebook's business, policy, legal, communications, security, and other departments.
6. Manage team of lawyers across different locations.
7. J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
8. 12+ years of legal and privacy experience, including people management
9. Experience working with management across functions critical to a privacy organization
10. Experience advising clients on legal issues related to global privacy and data protection laws, including the collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal information
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.