Director, Behavioral Economics & Market Research
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
In this role, you will be responsible for the application of behavioral science to the business’ customer pain-points, in order to achieve measurable improvements for customers and the business. You will assess the psychological trade-offs that consumers make with respect to product/price/customer incentives to guide product and offer development. You will lead the design of primary research to answer the questions that will guide product and marketing strategy.
Specific duties will include:
- Develop a culture that leverages behavioral science to improve consumer outcomes through program design, communications, product features, etc.
- Design and help execute experimental tests and other methods of evaluation to understand the impact of behavioral interventions on profitability and share
- Analyze data from these tests to evaluate the viability of each behavioral intervention as well as any unforeseen results
- Synthesize findings from research evaluations and clearly communicate results, implications, and recommendations to internal and external partners through written reports, presentations, etc.
- Develops Frontier’s perspective and methodology for applying behavioral economics to business strategy and opportunity cost modeling
- Tracks behavioral trends in our work, in the field, and in academic literature, synthesizing what’s relevant, and delivers presentations on behavioral science and emerging insights to both internal and external partners
- Identifies transformative technologies that apply principles of behavioral economics to foster promising products, services, and strategy innovations in the marketplace
- Analyzes existing data sets at Frontier with a behavioral economics lens
Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in Behavioral Economics or closely related discipline
- Experience in deploying behavioral economics models
Required Skills & Experience
- Broad knowledge of computational methods, statistical modeling and data mining methods and tools
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables
- Bring analytics and consumer behavior to the forefront of strategy development.
- Know, learn, and keep up-to-date on the behavior economics and market research advances to maximize your impact.