Location: New York, NY
The Director Business Affairs will negotiate agreements and review documents on behalf of Programming department in support of the SVP and VP of Business Affairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Negotiate talent and content agreements
* Review draft agreements, providing guidance to both internal business owners and Legal department
* Secure performance, venue and other releases and waivers and communicate with internal stakeholders regarding broadcast rights
* Oversee the integration and population of rights management database
* Draft contract summaries and distribute to internal stakeholders to insure obligation fulfillment
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Incumbent will supervise temps and interns that support Rights Management system data entry
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience similar
* 6+ years of Business Affairs or Legal experience in the Entertainment industry; experience working in a media company preferred
Requirements and General Skills:
* Ability to read legal documents and translate into plain English
* Experienced negotiator
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with counterparts at all levels
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
* Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to details
* Comfortable working with talent, talent management and high profile individuals
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled