Job Description Summary
The Director of Business Development leads the agency to achieve growth expectations according to revenue, census and start of care budget goals. The Director of Business Development is key player in attaining metric goals in Heart of Hospice’s Growth pillar. This position leads the execution of the Sales and Marketing plan to build relationships with referral sources within the communities we serve while leading the growth of the agency and supporting the growth of the organization, as a whole.
- Hires, directs, trains and supervises the sales team at the agency level.
- Coaches employees to overcome objections and collaboratively work toward growth goals.
- Supervises and monitors growth and health of the sales team in their defined territories.
- Maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of community resources providing in-services and education to the sales team.
- Communicates with physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals in regard to interested, prospective and/or current patients.
- Performs direct sales to key accounts.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with referral sources, patients, families, healthcare professionals, and the community at large to bring a greater understanding of the hospice philosophy and support to all patients that desire our care.
- Assists the Director of Admissions in overseeing the referral to admissions process to achieve growth goals.
- Manages conflict and complaint resolution when necessary.
- Develops an agency business plan establishing organization volume projections in the annual budget to drive financial performance.
- Understands key drivers of revenue, admissions and length of stay and designs strategic sales strategies to achieve agency growth goals.
- Utilizes basic sales process to uncover customer needs and barriers.
- Plans, directs, organizes and coordinates educational events, health fairs and community programs.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all policy and procedures.
- Maintains compliance by documenting accurately and timely within the organization’s electronic health record.
- Lives the Mission, strives to achieve the Vision and exemplifies the Core Values of the organization.
- Works toward exceeding chosen Pillar goals in the areas of Employee Satisfaction, Customer Satisfaction, Quality Service, Compliance, Growth and Financial Performance.
Knowledge of and adherence to the employee Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics.