DAT Solutions is seeking a Director, Business Development to join our team in Beaverton, Oregon
We are seeking a Director, Business Development who will drive partnership strategy and strategic execution for the Company. This role will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and managing new business opportunities, initiatives and alliances and will report to the CFO. This role will serve as a resource and advisor to senior management in the assessment of a variety of strategic initiatives. The position will also be responsible for developing and coordinating the scope, timeline, budget, resources and milestones for all corporate development projects within other internal operating teams.
The Director, Business Development will be a key member of the company’s Senior Leadership team with a high degree of visibility and impact across the organization. The successful candidate will bring a strong strategic mindset and a proven track record of business development and execution which can be applied to future deals and alliances.
It is anticipated that this role will be a high-profile external representative of the company in business development settings. DAT anticipates significant growth in the upcoming years and the s/he will need the skills to work effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional organization. The ability to scale and influence within fast moving, high growth organizations will be essential.
- Performs market research and conducts robust analysis and due diligence to identify and evaluate new business opportunities; assesses and develops leads based on organizational strengths, capabilities and financial potential.
- Manages the development of prospects and/or other business opportunities within the transportation, logistics or related industries.
- Develops proposals and term sheets for prospects, leads negotiations and manages the day-to-day aspects of deal closing, including the partnership and coordination with accounting, finance, marketing and other functional teams.
- Develops and coordinates the scope, timeline, budget, resources and milestones for corporate development projects with the appropriate internal operating groups.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant and competitive product offerings to provide accurate value proposition solutions to potential partners and/or internal commercial teams.
- Collaborates effectively across all organizational functions - including Sales/Marketing, Legal, Product, Engineering, Operations, Finance, etc.
- Serve as a key member of the Sr leadership team in the continuing development and execution of DAT’s business development strategy.
- Identify and develop opportunities of highest interest/value, organize diligence activities, partner with external counsel, and lead negotiations.
- Collaborate with senior management of potential partners and/or target organizations; communicate in a manner that reflects positively on the company, its’ strategy and core values.
- Oversee the development of financial analysis and valuation models for potential corporate collaborations and partnerships, working closely with the Finance and Development teams.
Educational Prerequisites and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Engineering or Business required; MBA strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of proven success in business development, product management and or business strategy and execution.
- Experience in SaaS and or Transportation/Logistics experience preferred.
- Experience in management consulting a plus.
- Must have strong analytical skills and financial modeling capabilities.
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated ability to discuss new product concepts and industry trends with executive level contacts.
- Knowledge of the transportation/logistics marketplace; key industry players, publications, conferences, etc. preferred
- Proven ability to influence and successfully partner with internal stakeholders and external organizations.
- Proven success in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment; ability to manage multiple priorities and build strong relationships across all functions within an organization.
- Wide experience in all aspects of business development including evaluation, due diligence, modeling, negotiating, and closing deals.
- Experience working cross-functionally with R&D, finance, legal, human resources and commercial organizations, to formulate business development strategy and drive competitive initiatives to successful conclusions.
DAT operates the largest truckload freight marketplace in North America. Transportation brokers, carriers, news organizations, and industry analysts rely on DAT for market trends and data insights derived from 256 million annual freight matches and a database of $65 billion in market transactions.
DAT Solutions offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
DAT Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. DAT Solutions will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company