Southern California-based Karma is more than just a car company. Although we are best known as a creator of soul-stirring luxury electric vehicles, Karma has emerged as a high-tech incubator offering innovators a perfect platform to prove their emerging technologies. Every Revero is designed at our Headquarters in Irvine and created with great individual care and world-class craftsmanship at the Karma Innovation and Customization Center in Moreno Valley, CA.
The Director, Business Development reports directly to the Chief Strategy Officer and collaborates with Strategy, Product planning and Corporate Development and supports many C Level initiatives.
- Play a critical leadership role in all inbound and outbound business development activities. The expectation is exceptional communication skills across the company including deck preparation, financial modeling, valuation analysis, due diligence, managing projects/deal pipeline and closing contracts.
- Analyze the Electric and Commercial Vehicle automotive/mobility landscape to architect creative and targeted revenue opportunities.
- Execution is everything so we expect a track record of past organizational skills to exceed expectations.
- The ideal candidates has a network, can develop a new network, develop thoughtful analysis and presentations for the Chief Strategy Officer and potential C-Level customers.
- This role will have global exposure across multiple cultures in Asia/Americas/Europe so cultural flexibility is essential to satisfy all stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (technical degree preferred)
- Graduate from top U.S. MBA program (preferred)
- 5 years of experience in fleet technology sales or automotive Tier 1 technology platforms
- Silicon Valley venture-backed start up and/or automotive or commercial vehicle experience
- Excellent judgement, strategic thinking, research and analytical capabilities
- Some financial modeling skills, as well as a sound understanding of strategy, contract and legal negotiation
- Ability and willingness to adjust priorities on a daily basis based on the teams changing priorities
- Outstanding MS Office skills with a focus on Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in gray areas, detail oriented and start up can-do attitude towards big challenges
- Able to juggle, multitask and solve problems creatively and independently
- Experienced at staying cool under pressure and completing tasks with minimal guidance and a supportive coaching attitude towards the entire team
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.
No 3rd Parties. Principals Only, Please
Join Karma as we transform transportation and mobility with innovative team work.
Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Karma Automotive LLC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability.