Director, Business Intelligence-ISG0004M
For over 100 years, Prudential’s diverse and talented employees have been committed to helping customers and their families grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products andservices. We are known for delivering on our promises and are recognized as a trusted brand and one of the world’s most admired companies. We are seeking a motivated individual to join the Individual Solutions Group Business Intelligence team, leading reporting and information delivery. The role requires a deep understanding of business intelligence tools, business acumen, strategic mindset, client relationship, and a passion for building new capabilities. In this role, you will work closely with our business partners to understand their individual needs and deliver information through a combination of ad-hoc queries, reports, dashboards etc. This position is based in Shelton, CT.
- Build trust and confidence with business partners and support the reporting needs for a variety of internal business functions
- Understand Prudential’s existing business, products and services and provide support with the launch of new products, services, and distribution
- Develop self-service data visualization capabilities that give our business partners the ability to have data insights at their fingertips
- Lead a team of reporting specialists while providing them with technical guidance and mentorship
- Support reports and dashboards currently in production and ensure data quality in terms of accuracy, completeness and timeliness
- Build new reports and dashboards while maintaining existing ones
- Partner with other functions to provide data and expertise needed to build new capabilities
- Be the subject matter expert and answer any queries from the business related to reports and dashboards
- Present results in a non-technical manner with appropriate conclusions and actionable insights
- Bachelor's degree in Business Analytics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science or other technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Prior work experience in a Business Intelligence environment supporting reports and dashboards
- Strong Tableau and SQL skills are a must
- Familiarity with Cognos and Salesforce.com are a plus
- Experience with Hadoop or big data technology is desired
- Experience working with AWS/Azure is a plus
- Superior problem-solving mindset and skills
- Strong project management skills; Familiarity with an agile working environment
- Strong business acumen coupled with strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills. Ability to present results and identify key insights from the data
- Financial services or annuity/life insurance industry experience is a plus
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills with proven track record of uncovering deeper insights with data
- Comfortable presenting business insights to large audiences and comfort using collaboration tools to share actionable insights
- Strong collaborator and commitment to teamwork and building consultative business relationships, as well as ability to work independently
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States Asia Europe and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength stability expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services including life insurance annuities retirement-related services mutual funds asset management and real estate services. For more information please visit www.prudential.com.
Prudential is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this open position unless contracted with Staffing. Agencies must work with Staffing as the primary point of contact and follow the Prudential application process to be considered for business. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Prudential via-email Internet or directly to hiring managers in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Prudential and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prudential.
Note: Any search agreement entered into with Prudential before January 2004 is null and void. Search firms are essential to the recruitment and staffing efforts at Prudential and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Prudential has established and regularly maintains a preferred vendor list and even preferred vendors need to have a written search agreement signed by the Director Recruiting Programs Staffing at Prudential in place for the specific position in order for a fee to be paid for any candidate referrals.
Job Function Technology
Primary Location United States-Connecticut-Shelton