You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Head of Enterprise Applications, you will be responsible to align technology strategies and solutions with business processes and strategic initiatives. You will have a strategic leadership role in overseeing, managing and leveraging the entire lifecycle of IT investment for Operations/Supply Chain across business units. You will be directly responsible for developing the application strategy aligned with the functional business needs, develops and deploys technology-enabled strategic initiatives, and leverages best practices across the Sonoco enterprise. You must be a creative and strategic business/technology thinker who has the vision to look beyond the present and lead the development of the future IT strategy for the Operations/Supply Chain areas. You will align priorities across the various business units and regions and ensure that investments are aligned to the overall business objectives and IT strategies. In addition, you will be responsible for the successful implementation of enterprise applications and ensure the achievement of the committed business case.
Responsibilities as Business Partner to the Operations/Supply Chain Leadership Teams:
- Develop strong relationships with business functional leaders by demonstrating proactive leadership, exhibiting deep understanding of business objectives and strategy, and delivering innovative IT solutions to achieve business goals and objectives
- Create and communicate the vision for how technology will shape and enable the transformation of the Operations/Supply Chain business areas
- Identify and lead the selection of the required technology to support the transformation of the Operations/Supply Chain business areas
- Responsible to develop and maintain overall Operations/Supply Chain IT strategic plan with the business partners across all Sonoco businesses and regions, identifying opportunities to leverage investments
- Ensure alignment of the solution portfolio and roadmap via facilitation of a governance process with the Operations/Supply Chain departments
- Provide thought-leadership to the Operations/Supply Chain leadership in the areas of process automation, data analytics, enterprise applications, and shared service operations
- Develop 3-5 year solution roadmap of required business capabilities and associated application roadmaps and technology investments
- Ensure that current solutions are properly supported, including the identification and delivery of ongoing incremental enhancements and the resolution of service-related issues.
Responsibilities as member of IT Leadership Team:
- Provide leadership, direction and communication to the Operations/Supply Chain Business Solution Group; build and develop a highly motivated, competent, and innovative IT team.
- Develop and maintain a proactive awareness of domain specific technology advancements via development of technology roadmaps. Incorporate emerging technology into IT strategic plan in alignment with business strategy, as appropriate.
- Direct advanced planning function responsible for consulting and ideation of business solutions, application R&D and IT strategy of respective domain. Includes business process mapping and redesign, project metrics and development of concept and statement of requirements in capital project preparation phase.
- Direct the planning, implementations, and execution of leveraged technology initiatives maintaining sound program management processes for successful execution.
- Facilitate the efficient transition of new solutions to ongoing application management
- Maintain and support in-use business applications, ensuring achievement of service-level objectives
- Identify and facilitate implementation of required system characteristics, including availability, performance, and resiliency
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic technology vendor partners and industry peers
- Active involvement and support of IT continuous improvement initiatives of our operating processes and methods. Active support of common software and architecture standards selection and implementation.
- Responsible to develop and manage to IT budget and financial forecasts including support and tracking of IT cost reduction and improvement initiatives.
This position is ideally located at our Global Corporate Headquarters in Hartsville, South Carolina or nearby Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Highly proficient in communicating and driving information technology solutions that supports business objectives.
- Proven experience in leading and directing applied technology in Operations/Supply Chain.
- Program/Project management experience of implementation of complex and integrated business applications in a complex global environment.
- Understanding of Operations/Supply Chain application systems and processes.
- Strong understanding of Oracle ERP applications, with an emphasis on Value Chain Planning, Order Management, and Discrete Manufacturing. Knowledge of process manufacturing solutions is a plus.
- Strong understanding of data analytics and modern analytic solutions (eg., Power BI, Qlik, Tableu, etc.)
- Combination of highly effective people skills, expert functional knowledge, and expert technical expertise.
- Passion for developing people, teams, and organizations.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
Apply today and help us grow stronger.
For more information, visit www.sonoco.com/careers or follow us on social media @sonocolife!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.