Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center is a 199-bed acute care hospital serving the residents of Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast. The hospital was the first in Palm Beach County to perform open-heart surgery, and has since remained one of the area s leading heart hospitals.
Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center offers comprehensive cardiac care and advanced minimally invasive procedures including Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) and MitraClip. The hospital is the first in Palm Beach, Broward and Martin County to adopt the minimally invasive convergent approach to treat patients with atrial fibrillation.
Responsible for the administrative and clinical aspects of Patient Care Services to include organizing, developing, directing and assuring the deliverance of cost effective, quality patient care. Ensures that patient care on clinical units is performed in accordance with established Hospital, State licensing, The Joint Commission and other applicable regulatory agency policies, procedures and standards.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE CRITERIA
- Participates in the coordination and development of the plans for the Service Line which provide for patient care.
- Promotes and maintains effective relationships and communication with Service Line personnel and other departments.
- Directs the development of policies and procedures which are specific to Patient Care Services.
- Approves all policies and procedures, which affect care or personnel on the Service Line.
- Assumes responsibility for the education and monitoring processes related to policies and procedures.
- Ensures patient s Bill of Rights.
- Provides input for the development, review and revision of the hospital's unit specific mission strategic plan, budget, resource allocation and operation.
- Recommends and/or implements changes as necessary to ensure compliance with hospital policies, State regulations, as well as Joint Commission standards.
- Ensures that selected outside services provided for patient care meet the standards set forth by Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center, State and all regulatory standards.
- Assumes 24-hour accountability for delivery of care for the Service Line.
- Ensures that nursing standards and practices are developed and met.
- Plans, develops, implements and controls the annual budget for the Service Line.
- Participates in the decision-making structure and processes within the hospital including the governance, managerial, medical staff and other clinical leaders.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the legal aspects and liabilities of nursing practice, ensures that staff members function within the legal boundaries and guidelines established by the State Nurse Practice Act, application registry radiologic technologists.
- Identifies and implements cost containing ideas and participates in intra operative case management for the Service Lines.
- Analyzes work objectives and new services when preparing capital budget requests.
- Attends required Medical Staff Meetings. Attends Medical Executive Committee and Governing Board Meetings when requested.
- Shares knowledge and skills with colleagues and others.
- Serves on various hospital committees.
- Creates a climate of affective communication.
- Non territorial, team player who is a skilled consensus builder capable of gaining "buy-in" to themselves and the organization's vision.
- Political astuteness and good diplomacy/influencing skills demonstrated.
- Works in conjunction with appropriate departments.
- Implements an effective and ongoing unit specific program to monitor, evaluate and improve the quality and appropriateness of care delivered to patients of Patient Care Services ensuring that competent patient care is delivered for patients who range in age from pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient populations.
- Participates in planning, promoting and conducting multidisciplinary quality monitoring and improvement activities.
- Participates in interdisciplinary quality improvement activities.
- Monitors all high-risk patient populations, institutes recommendations based on Quality Improvement activities.
- Maintains departmental reports, records and collects statistical data for Administration and regulatory purposes.
- Communicates relevant data to appropriate personnel for closure, recommendations or process improvement.
- Reviews and implements new protocols after following appropriate committee approval.
- Establishes staffing requirements and unit policies for recruitment, selection and placement of qualified personnel.
- Serves as a resource in problem resolution within the facility.
- Recommends effective alternatives for problem resolution.
Develops leadership skills of Clinical Managers, Assistant Nurse Managers and other clinical supervisory personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring the competence of qualified staff through development, assessment and improvement by providing/supervising orientation, training, and performance evaluation.
- Provides guidance and counsel to Service Line personnel.
- Attends meetings of professional, civic and service organization as a representative of the hospital.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development.
- Maintains appropriate guest relations.
Minimum: Bachelor s Degree in Nursing or a related field.
Preferred: Master s Degree in Nursing or a related field.
Five years experience in health care management and five years experience in clinical related specialty.
Managerial experience - able to relate to a large variety of individuals.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.