Positioned at Publicis Groupe's core, Epsilon is a leader in interaction management, empowering brands to transform ordinary customer experiences into meaningful, human experiences. Through a connected suite of products and services, Epsilon combines leading-edge identity management, industrial strength data and technology expertise with big brand acumen gained over five decades working with the industry’s top brands. Our human-powered, data-led marketing delivers unmatched depth, breadth and scale to help brands turn meaningful human interactions into exceptional business outcomes.
The Epsilon PeopleCloud Solutions team is responsible for developing Epsilon’s proprietary technology platform (Epsilon PeopleCloud) that brings technically robust, innovative and differentiable data solutions leveraging internal investments in data and technology. The team owns the development and maintenance of data science development environments, proprietary libraries and packages, and the development of machine intelligent services for product applications.
As a Director of Cloud Data Engineering, you will apply your technical knowledge and expertise as a lead member of the team, collaborating with our data science, data partnerships and product team leads to define then deliver cloud native data integrated solutions and services across the Epsilon PeopleCloud ecosystem. You will design and build highly dynamic, data-driven solutions while keeping current on the latest developments and trends in data technologies. You will have hands-on experience with cloud platforms and big data, combined with a working knowledge of data science and ML/AI trends.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities include:
- Lead the design and development of technical solutions utilizing cloud data services that bridge data engineering best practices with data science ML/AI services
- Provide thought leadership partnering with product and engineering teams to innovate future solutions
- Contribute to the product development and platform engineering roadmaps
- Design for then enforce data security and data privacy mandates in a global environment
- Maintain expertise and develop team awareness and adoption of relevant emerging technologies
- Mentor and lead a distributed data engineering team and leading peer-level design reviews
- Manage and communicate project risks and challenges
- B.S. in Mathematics, Computer Science/Engineering or Statistics
- 5-10 years of data engineering, software development or cloud-based services experience
- Minimum 3 years leading and mentoring distributed engineering teams
- Applied experience with deploying cloud-based data solutions and utilizing cloud services
- Applied experience working with a range of database and data integration technologies (e.g. MySQL, Hadoop distros, BigQuery, DataFlow, Redshift)
- Applied experience architecting and developing micro services designs and API services
- Applied experience working with DevOps frameworks and CI (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, etc.)
- Applied experience programming developing packages in Python, Java, Scala or R
- Applied experience in designing ETL solutions leveraging open source, product or custom solutions
- Experience working with cloud functions, micro-services and serverless designs
- Experience in designing and deploying automated data validations solutions
- Experience in designing data solutions leveraging enterprise identity and access management services
- Applied knowledge of developing compliant solutions with global data security and privacy regulations
- Proficiency in building Machine Learning data pipelines and automation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate solutions in terms of technical and functional design documents.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.