Director, Commercial Finance – Nutrien Ag Solutions (Loveland, Colorado, USA)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reporting to the VP, Retail Finance, the Director, Commercial Finance is a newly created position. This individual is responsible for the partnership with and financial oversight of the Procurement and Supply Chain functions to evaluate their initiatives, investments and major operational changes to ensure alignment with the financial plan and strategic intent for the company. This position will provide guidance to and work closely with the VP of Strategic Procurement and VP of Supply Chain as well as their respective Business Managers.
What you will do:
- Identify opportunities for increased profitability within procurement activities, including product/supplier cash flow analysis, vendor programs (costing, rebates, payment terms) and pre-M&A analysis; communicate clear direction and objectives to senior management for achieving subsequent goals
- Apply specialized knowledge to work with finance counterparts at strategic supplier companies to understand program opportunities, strengthen Nutrien’s relationship and maximize profitability
- Provide strategic financial guidance to Supply Chain managers as the functional group develops new procedures, metrics and KPIs, and matures into an industry leader
- Using industry expertise, serve as a key finance member in establishing Retail’s Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP), providing advice to senior management as decisions are made and the process formed
- Act as Finance lead in stakeholder working groups established to manage working capital and related improvement initiatives
- Is a key member of the Retail Finance Leadership Team; collaborates with members of senior and executive leadership across Nutrien's Finance business, as well as across Nutrien's corporate functions and other businesses, to align on and articulate strategic growth priorities
- Partner with accounting and procurement on rebate and other accrual signoffs, true-ups and final vendor settlements; act as coordinator between groups and provide analysis and guidance as needed
- Facilitate risk management process and mitigation activity through appropriate trend analysis and impact modelling on company business operations, initiatives, projects, strategic goals and objectives
- Lead team which will provide accurate, timely, and reliable financial reports and analysis to commercial business functions, including interpretations of information for Corporate management and consultation on business issues that will lead to the formulation, development, prioritization and execution of Nutrien's Retail Finance business strategy
- Coordinate the preparation of budgets, strategic plans, quarterly presentations, forecasts, and monthly business narratives
- Monitor the effectiveness of improvement processes implemented
What you will bring:
- MBA, CPA, or CMA is strongly preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Finance or Accounting is required
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in practical financial experience with demonstration of increasingly senior roles and responsibilities - combined with a strong track record of successfully leading and executing strategic initiatives required
- Ability to proactively and independently manage a high volume of competing priorities and potentially multiple transactions simultaneously, while formally and informally managing relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Relevant experience working within or supporting/covering the agricultural crop inputs, agricultural retail and/or agricultural technology sectors strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of commodity industry and agricultural value chain, including industry dynamics, fundamental/economic drivers, competitive landscape and emerging sector/technological trends
- Demonstrated leadership competencies
- Demonstrated strategic analytics skills
- Ability to travel is required
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.