Enel Green Power is responsible for the development, operation and maintenance of renewable generation resources around the world.
Commercial Office North America is responsible for developing a network of business partners interested in renewable energy and sustainable business practices that support the development of new renewable generation resources in North America through long term agreements.
We are seeking an experienced professional with a full understanding of marketing to commercial and industrial customers, utilities and other with the ability to support a complex sales process; this individual will be working to support the origination sales cycle for new renewable energy projects in North America.
• Responsible for keeping a pulse on the energy markets, identifying new opportunities, and originating power sales agreements;
• To create and explore opportunities while developing relationships with traditional (utility, commercial and industrial) and other non-traditional energy purchasers with the goal of originating long term renewable energy contracts from new renewable energy projects;
• To define and negotiate with potential customers the commercial offer of long term renewable energy contracts (i.e. Power Purchase Agreements and renewable energy certificates/credits)
• To review customer, market, and tariff analysis; monitor and analyze competitor activity; support the definition of the marketing plan.
• To provide reporting on the commercial processes, policies and KPIs and monitoring of the related performances, and implementing improvement actions
• To support the definition of Commercial Office budget and business plan, ensuring the related monitoring and continuous optimization
• To support any Global and Local units, (i.e. CO, O&M, BD, EM and Trading), with any commercial bidding strategy, defining contract requirements, and any other related off-take agreement analysis (i.e. Power Purchase Agreements).
• Work cohesively with the Commercial Office and Business Development teams to ensure markets with growth potential are tapped early and projects are developed to match customers’ needs
• Support the marketing of Enel’s existing pipeline of wind and solar projects to utility and industrial customers, and respond to RFPs in a timely manner.
• Support contract negotiations, and ensure the contract is financeable.
• To support the definition of the commercial offer of long term renewable energy contracts (i.e Power Purchase Agreements and renewable energy certificates/credits) to potential customers the commercial offer.
• Provide reporting and effectively communicate with management.• Excellent communications and organizational skills required with strong attention to detail.• Strong customer service skills to define needs and address issues in a timely manner.• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to collaborate within a team environment.• Strong sense of ownership and accountability of tasks. • A creative, innovative, analytical approach to problem solving is fundamental. • Ability to meet deadlines with limited supervision.• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.• Have the ability to perform well under pressure and against challenging goals and deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in business, marketing or related discipline required; Master’s degree preferred.• 10+ years of experience in roles that provide exposure to long term contractual arrangements for renewable energy• Proven track record of self-motivation and drive to exceed expectations • Experience in energy and/or energy management industry • Experience in targeting large commercial and industrial customers in deregulated markets preferred.• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of applications with emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.• Data management skills – have the ability to manage, organize and report on large sets of data in excel or other database systems.• Interface with Websites and be able to pull data on a recurring basis• System interfaces - manage connectivity between systems