Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
Scope: The Director, Contracts plans, develops, directs, establishes, and implements policies, procedures, and objectives of the contract administration function in accordance with objectives of the organization. The Director, Contracts will lead the Business Unit teams in the preparation and negotiation of both prime and sub-tier contracts, including the development of special provisions while providing necessary direction to unit managers. Provides the company management with sound contractual advice for program execution and ensure contractual requirements and risks are communicated to the Business Unit/Program Management teams.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Confers with organization officials to plan business objectives, to develop organizational policies related to contract administration, and to coordinate the contract administration function.
- Directs contract administration operations involving contracts for the sale of equipment, materials, products, or services. Oversees contract preparation by managing and leading the negotiation of all standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Develops and directs the negotiations of contracts with customers.
- Directs the analysis of contracts and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred.
- Advises management regarding contractual rights, obligations, and other contractual matters, such as effective use of resources and potential legal issues.
- Interprets contracts for management.
- Directs activities concerned with amendments to and modifications of contracts.
- Provides input as required to support the preparation of proposal review/briefing packages to company management. Manages price/cost proposal preparation and approval for multiple business units.
- Leads contract negotiation and customer contract activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications based on management direction and objectives.
- Participates in and supports development of overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and maintain frequent contact and favorable relationships with all levels of personnel within company, as well as industry peers and customer representatives.
- Must have extensive knowledge of FAR/DFAR regulations and the UCC.
- Ensures timely contract execution by the parties and final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Approval of Contracts to Executive Management
- Approve appropriate contract changes and amendments
- Assist in the coordinating recruitment, selection, and development of Contracts Staff.
- Business Unit Managers
- Finance Managers
- Internal Legal Counsel
- Customer Contracting and Procurement Personnel
- Affiliated ESA Companies staff
- ESL Staff
Education (Highest Level Required/Preferred):
Bachelor's degree required.
Preferred: Business Administration, Contract Administration, Economics, Law.
Training Pre-requisites (Within One Year of Taking Position):
XX Safety Training, as dictated by Safety Department
q Other: _________________________________________________
Preferred: Certified Professional Contracts Manager(CPCM)
Juris Doctor (JD)
Functional (Using Skill Set): 15+ years
Management: 5-10 years
Industry: 15+ years
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Advanced and effective oral and written communications skills, including ability to prepare and deliver information concisely orally and in writing. Proven ability to write and edit business material. A writing sample will be required.
- Advanced and effective analytical skills and the ability to identify and evaluate business risks.
- Contract negotiation and management.
- Understands and can interpret contract language.
- Understanding of contract commitments.
- Ability to resolve issues with Customers.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills maintaining frequent contact and favorable relationships with all levels of personnel within company.
- Maintain relationships with industry peers and customer representatives.
- Must have extensive knowledge of FAR/DFARS/UCC regulations.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments and achieve program goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.