The Director, Contracts is responsible for drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and processing company and third party contracts, and supporting all company lines of business with respect to contractual matters. This position has primary responsibility for negotiating wholesale contracts with global telecommunications service providers (ILECs, CLECs, PTTs, DIA) for services including, but not limited to, colocation, transport, access and voice services. This position also negotiates other supply-chain contracts such as license agreements, professional services agreements, field services support agreements and other areas related to company’s lines of business and/or service offerings.
- Provides day-to-day support to company’s lines of business, which may include areas of sales, product management, marketing, operations, engineering, human resources and IT. Works together with business teams to evaluate and advise on transactions they are entering into.
- Works in a high-paced environment and multi-tasks many contracts in various states of negotiation.
- Drafts, reviews, interprets, negotiates and processes company contracts and third party contracts including but not limited to contracts associated with customers, partners and suppliers in accordance with company policy.
- Assess risks associated with the terms and conditions and other provisions of business agreements and contracts, and recommend methods of mitigating those risks.
- Updates standard form agreements as necessary and posts new version releases on company’s intranet and website as needed.
- This position serves as the first point of contact for all internal departments, customers and partners in response to contract questions/matters.
- Assists team with any non-standard terms and conditions related to service orders.
- Provides quarterly and ad hoc measurement reports as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to prioritize and meet numerous deadlines
- 10 or more years’ experience in negotiating telecom contracts with relevant network knowledge.
- Passion for teamwork, continuing education, and delivering exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated analytical ability to identify problems and provide risk mitigation strategies
- Ability to communicate effectively when dealing with internal and external customers and suppliers in writing and orally
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of company employees, customers and suppliers
- Ability to effectively and professionally work through conflicts in order to optimize outcomes
- Strategically and professionally finds way to resolve issues
- Knowledge of data privacy laws and related issues a plus
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree required; 10+ years of years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.