This position is primarily responsible for realizing NA Corporate Brand annual sales and gross profit budgets on a country-by-country basis and collaborating closely with the Henry Schein Brands Management and leadership team. The position reports to the Vice President and General Manager, Henry Schein Brands.
- NA Corporate Brand (CB)
In close collaboration with senior NA sales, marketing and merchandising leaders, define annual budgets consistent with strategic plan requirements and implement effective commercial plans to achieve annual sales and gross profit budgets. Includes leveraging existing marketing platforms, developing targeted opportunities to convert non-strategic volume, defining sales programs to enhance effectiveness of sales team, monitoring performance and implementing corrective actions, launching new products to maximize impact, and ensure treatment of all CB products consistent with brand positioning guidelines, including effective price and promotional activities.
- Best Practices and Team Development
The Director must coordinate staff to define best practices and processes, while developing team members skills and knowledge to optimize their impact locally and preparing each member for additional responsibilities within the company.
- Organizational Collaboration
Director will collaborate with the leadership on the Henry Schein Brands team to define requirements that optimize sales CB sales growth and provide market feedback to the CB Product Development and CB Marketing teams. In addition, the position requires collaboration and alignment with country senior sales and marketing leaders, as well as other key NA leadership. The incumbent will also participate in various Henry Schein Brand committees to plan and coordinate activities on a regional or global basis.
- Business Development
Participate in business development activities related to potential acquisitions or strategic relationships impacting Henry Schein Brands results.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 10 or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience; 5 or more years of management experience.
Bachelors required. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Outstanding management and leadership skills and ability to attract, retain, motivate, develop, mentor and coach team members for high performance
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to resolve disputes effectively
- Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills
- Expert independent decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Understand, interpret and act on financial information and external trends that contributes to business profitability
- Plan and manage complex and successful projects; understand available resources, develop timeline, budget and assign areas of responsibility
- Lead teams to achieve company goals and solve complex business issues in creative and effective ways
- Expert planning and organizational skills and techniques
- Communicate effectively with senior management and key stakeholders
- Excellent negotiating skills and ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships
- Ability to influence, build relationships, understand organizational complexities, manage conflict and navigate politics
- Broad professional and managerial skills with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
- Lead and develop virtual teams
- Expert in multiple technical and business skills
- Strategic planning skills
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of the Dental Market preferred, but not required at start
- Knowledge of Henry Schein’s Dental Businesses preferred, but not required at start
- Commercial team leadership expertise
- Extensive knowledge of dentistry and dental products, preferred by not required at start
- Financial acumen
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically of 50%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers