NCI Building Systems, Inc. is one of North America's largest integrated manufacturers of metal products for the nonresidential building industry. NCI is comprised of a family of companies operating manufacturing facilities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico, with additional sales and distribution offices throughout the United States and Canada.
This position will serve as a key member of the Strategy & Business Development team. The team leads Corporate Strategy development and M&A for the Company, and partners with the business on key strategic projects from initial design and planning through execution. The group also manages the formal Strategic Planning Process for the company leading up to the Board Planning Conference.
This individual will be a key member of leadership within NCI, reporting to the SVP of Strategy & Business Development. Key responsibilities include Corporate Development activities including M&A pipeline development, functional and business diligence, and valuation modeling; additionally, this role will support Strategy Development and Implementation and Board-level content preparation.
Works within a cross-functional matrixed environment which requires leading by influence to accomplish organization-wide goals. Work closely with commercial, operational, and finance leaders within all business units. Individual must excel in the Board-room setting, have exceptional Excel & PowerPoint capabilities, and be capable of handling multiple complex assignments simultaneously while coordinating with internal and external resources.
- Work with small team of executives on potential M&A activity; screening opportunities, coordinating diligence efforts, identifying potential synergies, creating financial models, and presenting opportunities to the CEO and Board.
- Develop and maintain M&A and strategic partnership pipeline, working with internal team to identify screening criteria, and managing external relationships to develop potential targets.
- Collaborate with Commercial, Supply Chain & Manufacturing leaders to develop strategic initiatives, working to develop and implement key organizational initiatives.
- Work with external consultants on ad hoc basis to manage projects and deliverables to a successful outcome.
- Executive level strategic analysis with strong financial modeling background. Ability to respond to ad hoc requests for strategic analysis, financial modeling, forecasting & development of Board-level presentations.
Board-Level Content Preparation:
- In conjunction with the activities above, responsible for working closely with senior management, coordinating and developing Board presentations in support of key strategic outputs.
- This responsibility entails a detailed understanding of the Company’s overall strategy, a passion for developing close working relationships with leaders thought the business, and a creative ability to visually demonstrate complex concepts in an understandable and crisp manner.
Key Competencies & Requirements:
- 8+ years of M&A transaction experience (Corporate Development, Investment Banking, Private Equity, or M&A transaction consulting)
- Strategic, Forward Thinking Leader with ability to provide effective leadership and influence in a matrixed, cross-functional environment.
- Quick and flexible thinker with a focus on execution, gathering and synthesizing complex data and differing viewpoints, and creating actionable takeaways.
- Balanced ability to solve problems analytically and creatively.
- Proven experience as a self-directed change agent, focusing on the most complex challenges facing an organization, leading by influence.
- Comfortable working both in the Board Room and in the business to act upon opportunities and manage objectives to completion.
- Proven ability to develop financial models, perform valuation analysis, and develop forecasting models.
- Exceptional PowerPoint creation skills a must
- Experience in manufacturing and in building products industry preferable.