Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 36544
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
The Director, Corporate Finance and Debt Administration role will source, negotiate, and execute transactions that provide favorable financing to meet the Company’s capital needs, including but not limited to term loans, revolving credit facilities, unsecured bonds, airport special facility bonds, and aircraft financing. This role will also lead the debt administration team responsible for administration and compliance with respect to all of the Company’s financing obligations, as well as participate in the development and execution of Treasury’s broader capital structure policy and rating agency strategy and assist in developing recommendations to senior management and the board of directors.
What you'll do
- Serve as a member of the Financing Transaction team and, where appropriate, independently source and execute transactions under the oversight of the Managing Director, Corporate Finance and Treasury, Assistant Treasurer, including term loans, revolving credit facilities, unsecured bonds, airport special facility bonds, aircraft financings, and other special projects, as needed
- Lead the Debt Administration Team and ensure 100% compliance with all debt and lease requirements, including timely and accurate payment processing, continuous compliance with all other covenants, validation of accuracy and timely preparation of related officer’s certificates, quarterly reporting to the Board of Directors and external auditors on the status of covenant compliance, and ownership of all documentation and testing related to Treasury processes covered by the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley program.
- Serve as the point person for communication with term loan administrative agents and revolving credit lenders
- Participate in all rating agency interactions, including arranging meetings with internal experts, preparation of presentation materials, and fielding inquiries, as well as service as the point person for review and distribution of draft rating actions and negotiation of fees
- Continuously monitor activity and trading levels in all financing markets in which American participates or may participate, and actively investigate capital markets and corporate finance activities of other issuers, continually seeking to identify market opportunities, potential new investors and corporate finance best practices
- Support related Treasury department functions, including banking and fleet transactions, as well as certain other Company stakeholders with timely, accurate, complete, and relevant information
- Demonstrate departmental leadership by seeking opportunities to engage lower-level team members by actively including them as owners on projects, and by coaching, mentoring and serving as a role model in all respects
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience/training; MBA strongly preferred
- 7 years of leadership experience, including experience managing managers
- 5 years of experience financing aircraft and/or other airline assets
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Demonstrates the highest level of ethics and integrity
- Fundamental understanding of corporate finance and how strategic initiatives and financial plans impact all of the Company’s financial statements, obligations, and covenants
- Seasoned deal maker with strong understanding of debt capital markets, bank markets, private placements, and the leasing market; strong knowledge of key financing terms and conditions
- Track record for driving negotiations both internally and externally, including those that may be long and/or difficult
- Solid judgment and demonstrated ability to develop new and creative solutions to resolve transaction roadblocks
- Advanced analytical and financial modeling skills, including a proficiency in MS Office suite of applications
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to demonstrate time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced, changing, and complex environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to effectively and clearly communicate a strategic and tactical vision to all levels within the organization, as well as with external agencies and business partners
- Ability to coach, mentor, and serve as a role model for all Treasury team members
- Believes in and promotes the American Airlines five leadership attributes:
- Caring – We care about all team members
- Collaboration – We succeed as a team
- Development – We build future leaders
- Results – We drive to be the best
- Future – We continually challenge the status quo
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 36544