What’s the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What’s more, you are part of an extraordinary company – one that’s investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don’t just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.
Responsible for the day to day operations and staffing for the kitchen and dining venues of their community.
- Responsibly manages and supervises all Culinary Services staff including scheduling, assignment, direction, performance review (including input on pay adjustments), hiring and corrective action consistent with company policy.
- Meet regularly with residents and family members to confirm that high satisfaction levels are maintained.
- Work with the restaurant manager or coordinator so that he/she has a clear understanding of how to provide high levels of customer service and how to create a restaurant style dining atmosphere.
- Confirm that the front of house and back of house staff work closely together to deliver a food product that exceeds the residents and/or guests expectations.
- Assist Kitchen and Restaurant staff with back and front of the house operations as needed. This includes the ability to work all stations in the kitchen and/or dining room if needed.
- Work with the Executive Director and front line staff to obtain and maintain department Customer Satisfaction and Quality Enhancement levels at or above designated scores.
- Delegate tasks to all staff so that the kitchen and restaurant areas are maintained at the highest levels of cleanliness and quality at all times.
- Ensuring that all food is prepared, stored, and served according to Company standards and with state and/or local health code requirements.
- Maintain Employee Satisfactions scores at or above designated scores.
- Interview and hire staff for the Culinary Services department.
- Conduct and participate in monthly department meetings/in-services
- Able to understand and maintain monthly and annual budgets for the Culinary Services department including producing written documentation of monthly spend on food, supplies, and labor.
- Work with the staff and residents in the planning and development of recipes and menus based on resident likes and dislikes and monthly budgets.
- Ensure that all staff uses and maintains equipment properly to avoid damage and costly repairs.
- Maintain the appropriate inventory of kitchen supplies, small wares and table ware.
- Responsible for ensuring that purchasing standards are maintained and that appropriate vendors are used at all times. Maintain strong and positive relationships with all vendors.
- Responsible for planning, preparation and execution of Engage Life events, special events, banquets, and theme meals.
- Work closely with the Community Sales Director and community staff to market the community via “Taste of Atria – Road Shows” and “Signature Items”.
- Ensure that the kitchen and restaurant staff understands company expectations and first impression requirements.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Five (5) or more years Culinary Experience in the hospitality industry.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Able to resolve problems of dissatisfied customers and/or employees.
- Food handlers permit as required by state law and/or Company standards.
- Basic Computer skills – Microsoft word, Outlook, and Excel.
Chef, Executive Chef, Chef Manager, dining, food, hospitality, kitchen, Kitchen Chef, Master Chef, restaurant, Executive Kitchen Manager, Kitchen Director, Head Chef, food and beverage, Restaurant Manager, Director of Culinary Services, Director of Dining Services, Food Service Director, Food Service Manager, Director of Dining, Fine-Dining, Restaurant, Executive Chef, Restaurant Manager, Chef de Cuisine, General Manager, Director of Food Services, Director of Food and Beverage, Chef Manager, Head Chef, Culinary Director, Banquet Manager, Banquet Director, Hospitality, Senior Living, Assisted Living, Retirement, Independent Living, Nutrition, Dietary, Country Club, Hotel, Resort, Menu-planning, Customer service, Order, Manage, Safety, Sanitation, Budget, Culinary School, Event, Catering, Five-star, Kitchen Manager