At Edelman Financial Engines, we believe every hardworking American deserves to move their financial life forward, and we’re growing our team so we can help more clients every day.
As a Director, Cyber Security Operations on the IT Security and Technology team, you’ll help lead a department focused on compliance of risk, controls, and firm policy.
We are looking for someone who has a strong operational background in cyber security to help us. If you are a demonstrated leader in this industry who takes a strategic approach within a complex security environment, this may be the opportunity for you!
We are open to hiring in Fairfax, VA or Boston, MA.
- Development and execution of the NIST CSF control framework
- Execute day to day tasks related to operational work
- Manages business priorities and risk
- Assists in developing security plans, testing and maintenance
- Oversees the monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of failed tasks or security issues
- Assists with information security policy, processes, procedures and controls including the training of firm employees
- Directs and manages through analysis, planning, design, development, testing, and maintenance of systems
- Builds a strong team through training, assignments, and coaching, mentoring, and other development techniques
- Assists with management of budgets, plans, expenses and tracking
- Acts as a liaison between the Security team and other firm departments
- Influences changes/enhancements to business processes, policies, and system infrastructure
- Manages projects, people, firm and industry expectations, and business priorities
- Shares best practices throughout the company
- Assess team resources and develop an analysis of current and future team needs
- Design and execute the day-to-day activities of Cybersecurity team’s engagements
- Plan activities related to development of audit program and oversee the execution of internal audits and IT control assessments
- Review controls against industry frameworks, communicate issues, and develop recommendations to CISO
- Support business development activities by building business relationships with key executives, and participating in project work throughout the firm
- Attend conferences and other industry events, provide thought leadership, and set a professional and ethical example for the firm
- Supervise and provide performance management on appropriate staff
- A minimum of ten years of experience, ideally in a professional services firm
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Experience leading teams and managing people
- Experience with NIST control framework
- Experience in interpretation of SEC guidance and regulations
- Experience managing and mitigating risks
- Strong business acumen including the ability to identify business opportunities and build lasting professional relationships with staff
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews1 and Barron’s2 with 170+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.2 million clients to manage more than $213 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated personal financial planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
Edelman Financial Engines encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital, domestic partner, or civil union status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic heritage, genetic information, age, legally recognized disability, military service or veteran status.
© 2019 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
1 Ranking and status for 2019. For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/); 2 The 2019 Top 50 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a pre combination ranking of twelfth.