Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?
Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day.
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Director Cybersecurity & Risk Management in our National Center office located in Dallas, Texas.
In this role, you will provide strategic leadership in support of the cybersecurity program. The Director will be responsible for designing, executing and monitoring the multi-year program. The design of the program will require collaboration between business stakeholders, technical peers and partners, and an understanding of security, regulatory, and compliance mandates.
Executing the program will require a balance between evangelization, coordination, and relentless attention to detail. This position leads risk management and security efforts working closely with the Enterprise Architect as well as the Vice President of Enterprise Applications and the Director of Infrastructure as well as their associated team members.
This technology leader will need to be a strong communicator, who can not only create materials, but can also deliver them to all levels of the organization.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide leadership and mentoring to direct Cybersecurity team.
- Develops and maintains the technology security framework for the AHA.
- Leads the AHA Incident Response Team. Works collaboratively on compliance efforts to ensure all technical requirements are satisfied.
- Identifies security gaps in technology and recommends enhancements.
- Serves as technology security subject matter expert throughout the department providing advisory and consultative services.
- Understands current and emerging security threats. Updates security framework to mitigate where appropriate. Stay abreast of new security technologies and integrates into security architecture design when appropriate.
- Develops guideline that adherence to security standards.
- Ensures compliance with programs such as PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPPAA/HITECH, accessibility, global data privacy. Shares compliance with technical teams.
- Participates in solution architectural design; responsible for security aspects.
- Evangelize the Cybersecurity program to the business stakeholders and technical teams
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, IT Security, or a related field of study.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of solid background in building Risk Management Programs.
- Experience selecting and managing 3rd part compliance and security firms.
- Compliance and Security Consulting experience.
- Expert level knowledge of risk management and security principles.
- Must be able to travel overnight approx. 5% of the time.
So, are you ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases?
Click on “New Resume” (or “Existing Resume” if you have previously applied to AHA positions) to submit your online application. Only those deemed most qualified will be contacted to interview.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALife
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities