Derivatives Accounting requires skills related to the understanding and application of technical accounting standards, financial reporting, valuation techniques and methodologies for: Swaps, Options, Futures on a large portfolio exceeding 75 Billion in notional. This role needs to be an active participant in every aspect of the daily process and close to support the team and director.
Derivatives Accounting & Reporting:
- Prepare and review monthly analysis, reconciliations, and Journals
- Responsible for all regulatory and Derivative Use Plan accounting requirements for compliance Inclusive of US GAAP and STAT financial statements
- Assist management in implementation of new accounting pronouncements impacting derivatives
- Collaborate with derivatives hedging, actuarial, risk management and other areas who accounting provides data to
- Respond to questions from external and internal auditors, front office and financial reporting teams regarding qualifying derivatives, documentation & testing
- Preparing documentation of processes and controls associated with the derivatives accounting program
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6+ years experience in Accounting with at least 3 years in derivatives accounting
- Technical knowledge of accounting and valuation for vanilla and exotic equity/interest rate derivative instruments
- Technical knowledge and demonstrated experience in the areas of financial accounting, regulatory reporting, analysis and compliance for Tax, Statutory, US GAAP and IFRS
- Knowledge of Life Insurance concepts, insurance accounting, analytical review and product dynamics.
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.