MyoKardia is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company pioneering a precision medicine approach to discover, develop and commercialize targeted therapies for the treatment of serious and rare cardiovascular diseases. MyoKardia’s most advanced product candidate is mavacamten, a novel, oral, allosteric modulator of cardiac myosin that is a first in class treatment for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM). Mavacamten is in a pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial in patients with symptomatic, obstructive HCM.
In support of MyoKardia’s efforts to educate healthcare professionals about hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) and launch a first in class targeted therapy for HCM, MyoKardia is seeking to hire an experienced marketing professional to lead our efforts related to digital marketing. The Director of Digital Marketing reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing. He/She will act as our “center of excellence” to ensure that digital initiatives incorporate best in class design principles, are executed with maximum efficiency to achieve our strategic goals, and intentionally coexist with other corporate digital initiatives to form and support a cohesive digital ecosystem.
The Director of Digital Marketing role will be based out of our Brisbane headquarters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and executes a comprehensive digital marketing strategy aligned with our overall brand objectives to support the launch of mavacamten
- Ensures our branded and disease education websites and other digital assets incorporate best in class design principles
- Oversee digital media strategy and spend
- Develop and implement the marketing driven social media and online influencer strategy, ensuring effective engagement in Peer-to-Peer marketing
- Collaborate with and advise cross functional partners including Corporate Communications, Advocacy, Digital Health and others on maximizing our digital ecosystem aligned to agreed upon disease education and brand objectives
- Ensure all programs are compliant with relevant laws, regulatory requirements and company policies governing interactions with patients and healthcare providers.
- Responsible for budgeting and expense management related to Digital Marketing
- Manage external third-party vendors.
- Institutes key processes necessary to achieve long and short-term strategic goals.
- Supports projects beyond digital marketing as needed to help achieve our overall brand objectives
- Collaborates effectively with all cross functional partners including Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Research, Medical Affairs, and Managed Markets.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of marketing and/or commercial operations experience at a specialty-focused pharmaceutical or biotechnology company. They will have several years of experience working in digital marketing with a strong understanding of website design principles including search engine optimization, digital media strategy, professional and consumer social media platforms, customer relationship management programs and measuring effectiveness of digital tactics. He/She will possess experience in leveraging digital tactics to develop new markets and launch new products.The candidate must have an approachable and credible communication style, both verbally and written, to quickly establish credibility among internal and external stakeholders. Candidates must have an undergraduate degree in marketing or related fields with a post-graduate degree preferred.