At Beazer, we build homes. We also build careers. Driven by a purpose to create durable and growing value, the team behind each home across the country is diverse, ambitious, and dedicated. Together, we shape an environment that encourages learning and community engagement, provides opportunities for advancement, and aligns compensation with performance.
We look for those who believe in the power of choice, teamwork, improvement, openness, and urgency; who approach their work with an attitude of focus, grit, and accountability; and who will be guided by the principles of safety, integrity, respect, and fun.
Overview- This position is primarily responsible for partnering with Area President and/or Division President and other key operational personnel to focus on achieving and optimizing the annual plan. Operational areas of focus include: sales, land acquisition, land development, construction, customer service, purchasing, and escrow/closings. Responsible for advising managers and financial analysts on day-to-day financial operations of the Division. Mitigates financial risk for the division operations and ensures compliance with SOX controls and company policy. Reviews and manages the company's detailed monthly financial forecast, including key operating statistics, income statement, balance sheet and cash flows.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as a key member of the division senior management team; partners with and provides counsel to homebuilding functional leaders in order to drive enhanced business results
- Responsible for financial analysis, strategic planning, forecasting, budget reviews, and business planning
- Partners with internal financial and executive management as well as extensive contact with external executives and decision makers
- Actively participates in Land Acquisition Review (LAR) submissions to the corporate LAR Committee for approval; responsible for the financial proforma analysis and feasibility. Primarily responsible for the overall accuracy of the data in the LAR submission
- Evaluates division's costs and budgets to identify cost and operational efficiencies
- Collaborate with Division's senior management team to develop and manage the division's pricing strategy.
- Hires, trains and mentors FP&A team members. Delegates work, as appropriate, to finance team members, based on each employee's abilities and skills. Evaluates employees performance and provides development opportunities for each team member
- Acts as primary financial risk manager for respective division(s).
- Acts as primary division liaison for internal audit and external audit team
- Continuously reviews current processes and identifies opportunities for potential improvements
Education & Experience
- BBA/BS in Accounting/Finance/Economics.
- 5-10 years prior finance or accounting experience, preferably in finance leadership roles.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA or MBA highly preferred.
- Prior homebuilding experience preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong presentation skills, as well as the ability to influence others and resolve problems in a positive manner
- Strong business acumen with in-depth working knowledge of all facets of the business (land, sales, construction, purchasing, etc.)
- Must be able to work successfully in a team environment and provide mentoring to less experienced individuals in the department, and work well with all levels of management and staff within the organization
- Executive presence ability to interact with senior division leadership and corporate executives.
- Strong management capabilities with experience in managing people with track record of growing strong team
- Must operate with a sense of urgency, driving for results and opportunities to maximize profitability and enhance return on invested capital
- Accurate with keen attention to detail
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Hyperion, Essbase and JD Edwards experience a plus.
- Typical office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee's job duties may change at any time, in the company's sole discretion. #LI-POST #LI-JL1